cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attache DMS document to component in Service Order in IW31

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a situation here. I need to attach DMS document to component in service order so same can be flow to PR created from service order. However I am not getting anywhere option to attach DMS document to component. I have searched enough in system as well as on net but of no use. I can attach DMS document to material and if I enter material number in header then DMS document can be viewed over there. But my requirement is to attach DMS to component and from there same can be copied to PR.

Your quick help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Mr. B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. B

You can link document to PR/PO Line items.

And Service Order means order from Customer Service Module?

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

0 Kudos

I can assign document to PR and PO.. I dont have any problem in that. What is my requirement here is to attach document to component in service order (IW31) created from customer service

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. B,

In IW31 you cannot link it to any DIR at component level. You will have to do the developement.

By the way what is the business requirement ?

Why the user wants to attach Document to componenets?

With Warm Regards

MAngesh Pande

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Again this is not a direct answer to your question.

You must be using Service notifications. Service notifications will have linkage to Service Orders.

SAP provides Service notification as a Standard object link.

If at all your client insist Service order as object link. You need to develop one to satisfy this requirement.

Regards

Nitin

0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs. However I already know that there is a standard object for service notifications. Here my requirement is while creating PR from customer service order, I can attach DMS document and same can be flowed to subsequent PR. Same like I can do from project builder, sales order etc.

Best Regards,

Bhagat