cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to overwrite the text in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have to print long text in sap smartform for which I have used Include text. I have taken it in a template which can accomnodate only 3 lines. My requirement is that if the longtext exceeds from 3 lines, hen at the end of 3 lines it should display (see last pages) for which I have created a secondary window and a text in it (See last page) so that it can overwrite it over a part of long text. and increase the saturation of window to 100% and selected the colour as white but, it shows the earlier text(i.e. longtext) and also write (See long text). so, it became unreadable.

Can anyone suggest me how can overwrite the window so that it covers that part of long text and it is not visible.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are using the include text,it will always read the whole text from text id,whenever you call it.

Instead of using include text,use FM READ_TEXT.

It will return the texts in an internal table.

In the first page & last page(LONG TEXT) split the text as you need.

Jshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JShree,

I earler used Read_text but I was fcaing problem of space optimization and words cutting in 2 lines so I have used it.

My main problem is that I have to enable a window with text '(See Last pages) on the long text for a particular condition. but it is overlapping it over the long text while I have given 100% saturation to window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also restrict your first page window to display always first 4 or 5 lines(as req) from the long text and display the rest of the things in the last page.

Jshree