cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver XI / PI with ABAP or Basis?

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

I have good knowledge in SAP Netweaver XI abd PI several versions, now i would like to upgrade myself , which would be best option? ABAP or BASIS? , i dont have any idea about both, please guide me....which would be a better career for me to go with....

1.Worked on XI 3.0, PI 7.0, PI 7.01, PI 7.02, PI 7.1, PI 7.11,PI 7.3 SAP Netweaver versions

2.Experienced in configuring System landscape directory,Enterprise service repository,integration directory,runtime work bench, Netweaver Administrator,message monitoring, component monitoring.

3.Worked on SDM GUI, SAP GUI,Visual Administrator,Config tool,Deploy tool,JSPM and telnet

4.Good in channel ,agreements and determination creation and integrating components

5.Worked with various transport protocols like HTTP,TCP,FTP,MLLP,MQ series and File.

6.Work with different Adapters

7.Worked in different OS like windows,unix,linux,hp-unix,solaris.

Dont have knowledge in following

1.Mapping

2.ABAP

3.Basis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest to educate yourself with SAP BPM and BRM. These are one of the interesting areas in the integration related tasks of SAP and those will change the way how to work with SAP integrations in future. This is already reality with SAP PI 7.3 and 7.31. When you are familiar with BRM, BPM you can learn eSOA of SAP.

However if you must select either ABAP or Basis, It depends the solution where you want to focus. If you want to focus NetWeaver platform and specially solutions like SAP PI, MDM etc. then learn Basis. If you want to work with SAP ERP learn ABAP.

Answers (0)