cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while fetching the file through *.extension by FTP sender file adapte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing a issue while fetching the data through sender File adapter with ' *.file extension' .I am illustarting the scenario as below .

It is a simple scenarion of File to File inboumd scenarion.Here file is getting picked up from a third party system

through FTP sender chanel and stored in a temp folder of PI through NFS rceiver file adapter .

The problem is however I am getting, while picking the file with file name as "*.exo"(where exo is the file extension).

But while fetching the file with particular name like"abcd_10032011*.exo"(file naming has been done by combination of abcd(always same)_currentdate(change according to current date)),file picked successfully .

So here ,in the prior case file not getting picked up,but in later case it dose .

Can anyone please let me know what might be the issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Spantaleoni,

I didn't get your instruction in the previous reply .Could you please elasorate it, how to taste the file?

Here we are accessing the PI servers through CITRIX application .

Regards

Sunit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunit,

Connect from your PI System to 3rd Party System (where are placed the Source Files)

FTP <PartySystemHostName>

eg. FTP 10.2.3.456 (then insert Username & Password to Login)

Go to source directory

cd \<SourceDirectory>

eg. cd \donaldduck\directory\

Execute a File List command

ls -la *.<extension>

eg. ls -la *.exo

In this way you should be able to view all files with this extension (*.exo), the same action that Sap XI perform to pickup the file.

Then, try to copy that file to your Local PI System (to check if there're some permissions issue):

mget <filename>.exo

eg. mpget File1_01012011.exo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

Thanks for reply .The setting already been done as *.exo in the box of file name,no exclusion mark is there .But here the file is not egtting picked up,but if I will ggive the particular file name in the file access parameter ,it is fetching the files .My problem as the file name has been dicided by third party owner as a combination of some number with current date,it is very difficult to change the file name in access parameter in order to pick the file .While *.exo is not working .

I m not getting any clue while file is not getting picked up with *.exo??

Former Member
0 Kudos

This kind of issue usually depend by File Permissions or File Name.... I suggest to try with the above code, to check if something is wrong in File name or File permissions...

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you get a chance to check the file communication channel status or RWB after putting file name as = "*.exo" and activating the channel?

--Divyesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr,

The scenario should run fine in both cases...

You can check, in an FTP browser, or trying with a FTP Open Command from your PI system to source 3rd System, if with the same string it works:

FTP <sourceHostname>
**User&Password**
cd \sourcefolder
ls -la *.exo

If it works, this code should generate a list of all file with .exo extension.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to fetch the files by configuring *.exo in file name parameter in sender file adapter.

Have you specified any exclusion mask>?

Also check the channel status in RWB , can you see any errors is any?

-Divyesh