cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport create in error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A consultant working on our system has manually created a transport request in our Quality system.

I wish to export this request back into DEV, and then transport it through our landscape in the normal fashion.

Could anyone give me any tips on how to do this please?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

First check with you consultant which type of transport he has created. is it Work bench request or Local transport. if it is local transport you can do nothing about that you need to undo the changes. if it is a work bench request you can move the transport as per the suggestions.

Checking the type of the transport

Login to your Quality system Go to SE01 and give the transport request and and view the request there you can check the type of the request.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks Regards,

Avinash .I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Although it is not a good practise, you can still import the request in Dev system.

Incase your DIR_TRANS is shared, simply add the Transport request in the Dev Import Queue (STMS > Extras > Other Requests > Add) and proceed with the import.

If not, copy the data and cofiles in the respective folders on your dev system and follow the above procedure to import the request.

You should consider changing your existing settings for QA system to disallow creation of new TRs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, you cannot move this transport to other systems as it will be local transport. So, there will be no data and cofile for this transport at it will be a local transport request. You can only undo the changes after changing same in development system and transport it to quality system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As normal fashion it is not suggestble. But some times it requires to do.

In this case you can take the co/data files of that respective request , copy it in Dev server.

Add the request manually in stms_import queue. Then request is available in Dev server.

Select it and import it.

Regards,

Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

As suggested by javier, please undo the changes in qas and redo it in dev. Also system settings in qas should not allow for recording any customization changes.please check in scc4 and revert back at earliest.

Rgds,

Durga.

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately It is not possible to undo a transport request. The only possibility is to change again things in the system and transport the new changes.

Br,

Javier