cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for Homogeneous System Copy - SAP R3 Enterprise 4.70 1.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

I have a SAP R3 Enteprise 4.70 x 1.10 with Software Components 6.20, kernel 6.40, MaxDB database 7.5.00.32 running on a HP-UX 11.23, and i need to make a Homogeneous System Copy (using Backup - Restore) from the Productive System (IMS) to the Development System (IMP).

I'm trying to find the right documentation for this product versions, i find a lot of stuff but i guess since these versions are old it's not easy to find...

Can anyone help me finding the correct .pdf in order to be able to prepare the Homogeneous System Copy for this system and this database?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Pedro Gaspar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

i need to make a Homogeneous System Copy (using Backup - Restore) from the Productive System (IMS) to the Development System (IMP)

Doing a system copy on top of the development system is not always a good idea, in the case you "must" do it you need to make sure you keep your version management intact.. Read, Note 130906 - How can versions be transported?

In anycase the system copy guide is in SMP,

http://service.sap.com/instguidesnw -> SAP Business Suite Applications -> SAP ERP -> SAP R/3 Enterprise -> SAP R/3 Enterprise Core 4.70 / Ext. Set 1.10 (SR1) -> System Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP Web AS 6.20

Regards

Juan