cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between condition record and Info record

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls tell me what is the difference between condition and info rec.....

i search but could not understand properly both looks similar.........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An info record is usually static in that it does not change based on some factor. Info record is a generic term, there are different types of info records, a Purchasing info record and a QM info record for instance. SAP defines these types of records to always be associated with certain master data.

Condition records, (of which there are also many different types of), are records that are set up to be used conditionaly. That is they only come into play if certain values are used. SAP calls this functionaliy the "condition technique". It can be very powerful as typically the client creates and defines the coditions. The condition tables are usually searched for records from most specific to least specific. So the most specifc might be country, customer, material. That condition table has three keys to it. That next table might have only two, country and customer. The least specific would have one key, country. The system uses an objects data, (delivery data for instance) and search the tables in order for a match.

Country, customer, material

Country, customer

Country

It will use the first record found. So in this example you can specify specific data for very specific instance, i.e. country, customer and material.

You would also probably have a recod at the Country level. So if not records are found in the first two tables, it would use a general record set up for deliveries to that country.

Info records do not use the condition technique. They are simply a record that SAP has defined for certain functionality.

I hope this helps.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Info record: It maintains data relevant to the link between a vendor and material. The data like delivery time, applicable tax code, vendor material reference, price, ...

Condition record : It is record of of one specific item like price or output, as used in a condition technique (price determination in pricing procedure , output determination in Messages ...).The condition record is always linked to the condition table which is then assigned to the access sequence. This access sequence will be assigned to either Message Type or Condition Type.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

condition Record:-

The stores record that a condition, or condition supplements conditions includes:

Prices, Discounts, Surcharges, Taxes etc.,

It is a data record used to store conditions or condition supplements, i.e. condition like,

discount, freight, and surcharge, Tax etc.

for info record please refer the follow links it will be more clear to you.....

The Below link explains about info Record...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/75/ee102f55c811d189900000e8322d00/content.htm

Pricing...

Regards,

Udaya.

Edited by: udayareddy on Oct 3, 2011 10:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi condition record and inforecord are different.

Inforecord will be maintained in the combination of vendor and material in ME11. Price will be maintained. This condition is time dependent.

Condition records will be maintained for particular condition type in the combination of material plant and vendor. Different combinations are available and can be used according to your requirement. Here percentage and validity period will be given.

For tax condition types we will maintain condition records (ECESS) in FV11

For pricing condition types we will maintain in (PBXX) in MEK1

For output condition types we will maintain in NACE and mn04. Condition records will be applicable centrally, that means for all materials in the server. By entering the inputs in front end the system will search for proper result in the combination we enterd in codition record creation . Thanking you.