SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget billing & periodic billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

If a Budget billing plan of a customer is active , which is created during move-in and if it is for 3 months period ,

Should the periodic billing be done for the customer in the next month after move-in ?

If yes/No then why ?

Which criterias decide this ?

Thanks ,

Nachiket.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP std documentation

(source----http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/c6/4dc844eafc11d18a030000e829fbbd/content.htm)

Budget Billing:

An average amount is determined manually or via simulation that the customer pays for a period of 12 months. Actual billing is performed monthly and the results are printed on the bill. In addition, the difference between the amount of the actual consumption and the fixed average amount is calculated, updated monthly, and also printed on the bill. In the last month of the meter reading period, the actual amount and the accumulated difference are billed.

This will help you to clarify the doubts. On top this it is always important to send the monthly bill to the customer so that the customer can also keep track of the differences of the consumed/actual amount and contracted amount, also the updates on the BBP. Although the actual bill amount is not payable. The agreed amount will be paid by the customer and the residue amount will be adjusted afterwards. Payment Scheme also has concept of periodical review. So it depends.

For further documentation is on BBP please follow the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/4dc89feafc11d18a030000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

S

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your response.

In the link provided by you , its given that -

utility company normally bills for its services at the end of a supply period, for example, during annual consumption billing. Throughout the current period, it therefore charges budget billing amounts instead of the actual amount owed, in order to remain solvent

Now , I have a scenario , where the actuals as well as budget billing amount are charged in the invoice.

How is this possible

0 Kudos

Hi Nachiket,

I think you missed the point explained in the previous post by S.

Lets say your budget billing amount is $ 75 every month and the actual consumption amount came to $ 50 , then the remaining amount $ 25 will be a credit carryforward amount and it will get settle in the last budget billing of the cycle.

thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi Nachiket,

This is really an interesting issue. Ideally both of this can not happen at the same time.

Could you please let us know the problem in details.

Regards,

S

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Here is some more info - dates in ( DD/MM) format.

Move-in date - 1/7

Move-in doc created on 14/7

BBP is created on 14/7

Periodic bill sent to customer on 6/8 for which actual MR date is also 6/8.

but scheduled MR date was 30/9.

Scheduled MR categ. - 01 - Meter reading by utility company

BBP is created which will bill every 3 months - Quaterly basis.

Its not the last billing cycle for which bill is sent but the first one.

As per earlier discussion , Ideally Periodic bill rather meter read card should not be sent when the BBP is already created.

Thanks,

Nachiket

0 Kudos

Hi,

Here I am bit confused. Does this bill contains both the charges? For e.g. BBP amount $100 + Periodic Bill $80 = $180.

Regards,

S

0 Kudos

Yes..both the charges.

and 1 more info I would like to add - on BBP , Start of BB period 01/10

Regards,

Nachiket

0 Kudos

Hi,

Two more info reqd:

1. Which of the BBP scenario you are using?

2. Is the BBP still active?

Regards,

S

0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont understand what do you mean by scenario?

BBP is of quarterly period. ( 3 months )

BBP is still active.

Thanks,

Nachiket

0 Kudos

Hi,

Which type of BBP u r using? Payment Scheme, Payment Plan etc..

Regards,

S

0 Kudos

Hi,

The type is debit entry procedure.

Regards,

Nachiket

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the below link and let me know if this resembles with your scenario.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/6f/7c643c95095d58e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

S