Can anyone tell me how to obtain the output

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashmi

Assuming you are talking about GATP, there are two ways you could do this -

1. Define multiple Product Substitution Procedures, one with A-B-C, one with A-B-C-D and so on. Then assign these procedres to different rules that are called according to the specific requirements.

The advantage is that this is standard, but disadvantage is that you may have a very large number of Product Substitution Procedures.

2. Use BADI for rule resolution (SPRO> APO> Master Data--> Product & Location Interchangeability --> BADI for Product & Location Interchangeability --> BADI: Rule Resolution). This BADI can be used to make product substitution conditional.

Rishi Menon

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Supersession chains are meant for one level of substitution only. In your case, in which scenario, you want to use the interchangeability? If it is for GATP, then you can go for Rule based availability check and you can define the product substitution procedures. But these rules can not be considered in any planning scenario.

I have one more doubt that all your 3 cases look like the same pattern. Do you mean,when you order for A, if the stock of A is not available, then it could be substituted with B, if B is also not available then C and so on?

or, A could be replaced only with B and B could be replaced with C only and so on? which is your requirement.

Please give more details.

Regards,

Manimaran M.