cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXDB latest data files deleted.

0 Kudos

dear SAP

i have maxdb installed with SAP ECC6. there were six data files and i mistakenly deleted the last one. i.e. six one resultantly the database go down. i have no backup of data and log files. now what should i do. can i start the database with the remaining five data files or i have to install all the SAP system again. i just want to make it online with the remaining five files.

can any one help me in this regard.

regards

Mohammad Farooq.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't bring up the databsae without all files, how should that technically work? You have to either use a backup to restore or install from scratch.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have any OS backup where the datafile directory also was backed up ? Please confirm this, otherwise I don't think you can prevent the data loss.

Thanks

0 Kudos

dear i have no OS backup. there was little data in the system. i just want to make it online with the remaining five data files to avoid installation of all SAP system and maxdb again. pl guide me step by step

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think you can recover the database now. Without the last file - DB would not come up as reference to last file will be required. And not having any online/offline backup for a fairly critical system - is not really a good practice. Backups are required in exactly these kind of situations.

Regards,

Srikishan