SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Upload in FMDERIVE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a huge amount of data to be uploaded into FMDERIVE for fund center and commitment item mapping. We have mapped the entire structure in an XL file, and would like to import it into FMDERIVE.

Is there any tool by which I can import such voluminous content (more than 1000000 rows) ?

Regards,

Wy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can you change your logic, I mean not create a lot of rules but eg use Z table where put correspondence between account assignments, and write program for processing this table.Then you need just upload this table with lsmw

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard tool for this. You have to either develop your own or charge the data directly to FMDERIVE tables.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. By the way, what kind of strategy is this to have more than one million of rules??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the insights - the problem is that a whole lot of raw materials are getting monitored at the workplace, and so are a lot of other administration expenses. And all these raw materials are used at most of the plants in the organisation, and there is a need to monitor plant wise consumption. Add the administration G/Ls that need to be monitored at almost all the existing cost centers and there is a need for a whole lot of derivation rules.

Or am I missing something here ? Ours is a pretty large manufacturing organisation, and I thought that this data loading would always be a problem at all large organisations - is there any other shorter way out to monitor all the material codes at all the plants that I havent really used ?

One thing I noticed is the FROM TO option in the FMDERIVE screen - that saves a lot of time as most of the material codes are in sequence.

Another problem - not really related to data load though - when I enter the budget for the sub-ordinate commitment item, I also need the superior commitment item to be displayed in the budget report. For eg, if TEST1 is the superior commitment item (not directly postable) and TEST2 the sub-ordinate (directly postable) and when I allocate budget to TEST2, I also need TEST1 at the top of the report and TEST2 below it containing the allocated budget. This would help us ascertain the consumption at the group level as well as the individual level.

Thanks and Regards,

Wy.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am I getting you right that you derive FM object based on a material code? It looks a bit weird and I'd think of a way to simplify the logic. For example, you can work with some attribute of the material (like material group) and derive your FM address based on this. Or store the info directly in the material master data and read it with a functional module. Anyway, loadinf hunderd of thousands to derivation strategy, though technically possible, make no sense.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the inputs !

Material group had been the original choice for us, but we could not find a derivation strategy based on that and so we decided to get going with the material code derivation, though it was definitely going to be a cumbersome process.

But now with the FROM - TO option, the workload has been reduced significantly, though we still face issues with the G/L code derivations.

Direct data in the material master, we never thought of, and we would look into this option now to see if the process can be simplified.

Any suggestions for the latter ? Any way by which the report can be made to look the way we want ?

Regards,

Wy

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can 'sort of' achieve what you want in the report, by uniting TEST1 and TEST2 in one group and producing the report by group. Otherwise, there is no standard report which will show you what you requested. Superior items are created in BCS not for reporting, but for better handling of budget address derivation strategy.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks once again !

Will try exploring the groups option to check for a more convenient reporting option.

Regards,

Wy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

We have come up with a lot simpler derivation strategy that uses storage locations as one of the derivation fields.

Unfortunately, we were not able to derive an assignment strategy with storage locations.

We tried using the table look-up option, but the problem is that the MARC and MARD tables do not have the LGORT field as a target field for assignment, which if possible, could be assigned to USERTEMP1 and then a derivation rule could be created.

Is there a possible solutoin for this ? Having storage location as one of the derivation fields simplifies the process no end.

Regards,

Wy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can you change your logic, I mean not create a lot of rules but eg use Z table where put correspondence between account assignments, and write program for processing this table.Then you need just upload this table with lsmw

0 Kudos

Z-table or FMDERIVE table is still a table But, I would seriously revise the strategy with so many business rules...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the FROM-TO option in the View tab, the data upload was simplified - as regards the storage location, we made a development wherein a user exit was modified to include the storage location in the usertemp field and the derivation rule was based on this user location in that field - there is a seperate thread for this in the FICO section of the forums which was used as the reference.