cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined FIles in PI using BPM without correlation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement, I have two files coming from the source system one file with Header Detials & other file with Item Detials and I have to combine these two files into a single file.

I have used the BPM in PI to combine the two files uisng correlation.

This scenario is working fine if both the files are having equal number of records wiht the same correlation ID.

Based on the correlation ID files will be combined in PI and send to the target system.

Now in case I am receiving the files in which corelation is not matching for few records then in that case process in waiting in BPM and get cancelled after some time & files will not be processed.

Do we have any option in BPM which will just cominge two files without correlation & passed through BPM & files got processed?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have more than one receive step in a BPM, you will have to define a correlation.

You might want to try something (i have not tried this before though);

Define a correlation and during the definition instead of selecting any fields via the container element / xpath, define a constant with value 1 and do the same for the other service interface also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Correlation is compulsary which is used to check the two files that needs to be combined, in real time scenarios if we receive more than two files at one ime, then this correlation is used to map the HEADER and File and then transport to Receiver.

Thanks,

Anudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

I do agree with Anudeep that corelation is necessary to in order to merge the two messages.

I am sure you will find a correct corelation factor in order to merge the messages.

If there is no corelation, you can ask the functional consulatant to add certain veriables in the incoming messages that will corelate the messages.

Tx

Saurabh