cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Runtime Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just set up a new sales organization and was testing to make sure that everything is as it should be when creating a sales order. When I try to add a quantity of a product in the sales order, the system just times out and gives me a runtime error when trying to fill in the data from the material master I created. Could this be a copy control issue or a problem with my material master or a problem with my newly created sales organization. I'm having trouble pinpointing the problem since the error is a generic runtime error and not a specific error I can research and debug.

Thanks!

GKC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all your help everyone. I couldn't resolve the problem so I started from the beginning configuring my sales area and was able to resolve the issue. I must have missed a step somewhere along the way, but I am not sure where. Sorry I don't have an actual solution to post for others to see who might have the problem. Thanks again for all the responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your replies. I will try these suggestions and post back what was successful. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, now I'm getting an error message: "No business area can be determined for item 000010"

I have gone to IMG>Sales and Dist.>Business Area Account Assignment> here I have set all the proper settings and still I am getting this area in my Inquiry. My sales orders are still getting a runtime error.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

GKC

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Assign bussiness area to plant and division,and do assign business area to sales organization.

Regards,

Madhu.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally, you should not get Runtime error even if business area assignment is missing. Having said this, I feel, some other settings is also missing in your configuration.

First check in ovf0 / omj7 whether you have assigned the business area to Plant and Division and also check whether you have defined the rule to fetch the business area in OVF2. If everything is there in place, then you need to check the dump analysis in ST22.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are trying in IDES, then go to OBY6, select your company code and uncheck the field "Business area Fin statements", or in customizing u need to maintain the business area and assign the same to your plant.

Alternatively,if you have created business area, then in SPRO - enterprice structure - assignment - Sales and Dis - Business area account assignment - Define Rule by Sales Area - (Rule 1).

Next, Assign Business area to Plant and Division:Here assign your business area with respect to plant and division.

Thanks

Aman