cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sending notification by mail on SUP 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a server-intitiated worflow running on SUP 2.0. I have a MBO made by a table gastos_gasto_own

in the database.

I have created the next triggered:

CREATE TRIGGER GastosTriggerVicupdate AFTER UPDATE

ORDER 1 ON gastos_gasto_own

REFERENCING NEW AS poRow

FOR EACH ROW

BEGIN

CALL xp_startsmtp('user1@localhost', 'localhost');

CALL xp_sendmail(recipient='user1@localhost', cc_recipient='multiplexer@localhost', subject='orden ( 1 )');

CALL xp_stopsmtp();

END;

I haved installed apache-james 2.3.2 and I have added user "user1".

In SCC, nofication mailbox text is ok with that user, where I have the next configuration:

email attribute: to ; Operation:contains ; value: custom1 ; case sensitive: false.

In my device's properties I have configured custom : user1.

If I send notification directly from the developer enviroments, notification arrives to my device but when I execute from my device a update , the notification by mail does not arrive.

Anybody could help me?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear vclement

i am facing the same but in my case i got mail notification automatically but it not converted to workflow notification as per the standard config which sup provide.

please look in to it , so i can also resolve this issue

in my environment

SUP 2.1

SCC 3.2

sample DB --(SQL Anywhere V.12.0.1.3423)

in this i have create two table

1:) VacationRequests

2:) VacationApprovers

and one trigger which is use for sending workflow/mail notification (same trigger which you have)

i have create two MBO for Vacation request and vacation approvers, according to that MBO i also create workflow.

if i send manual notification from workspace it shows as workflow notification and i am able to approve/reject the leave application

but when it is automated by trigger then notification comes in my mail box and its not convert in to workflow notification as per the settings shown as per the below link

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01205.0200/doc/html/aba12...

is there any mistake by me for setting up all standards ??!!!!

Regards

Tushar Dave

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

The first diagnostic test is to see whether or not its making it to WorkflowClient or not. Set the WorkflowClient trace level to Debug and resend the message. If you don't see corresponding messages in those trace logs, then that's an indication that the distribution rules haven't been configured correctly, so that it doesn't know who to send the message to, or that the matching rules haven't been configured correctly, so that it doesn't know which workflow application to send the message to. If you do see corresponding messages in those trace logs, but no message gets sent to the device, then you'll need to investigate the contents of those trace logs to determine why not. In that scenario, the most likely explanation is that the extraction rules haven't been configured correctly, so that it can't extract the values out of the message and invoke the object query correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

thanks for your valuable suggestion....

in my application there is two mbo

first for leave apply and its client oriented

second is for leave approve and its server oriented

and both are MBS

when i send notification manually its work and i am able to approve or reject the leave so my matching rule is perfect.

and i checked in log file also..there is no any error.

regards

Tushar Dave

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

That likely indicates that either your mail server isn't running, isn't configured correctly, or the distribution rules aren't setup correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David

but my mail server is work perfectly and distribution rules is also perfect

becoz i sent manual notification it works...

and mail is triggered automatically and settings is also as per the sybase standard as per this link

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01205.0200/doc/html/aba12...

but it not converted to workflow notification

waiting for help

regards

Tushar Dave