SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPMA - same contract, different partner

rastislav_durina
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

is it possible, that FPMA will clear 2 documents with same contract but different partner(contract account)?

I am facing a problem, when customizing looks correct, but in debug mode I found out, that no matter what is customized, everytime are items selected (for clearing in FPMA) based on parter/contract account + customized grouping criteria.

Regards,

rasto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rasto

As far as I know the SAP data model can't have multiple Contract Accounts for a single Contract. It only allows multiple Contracts per Contract Account, so multiple Installations can be invoiced against a single customer account.

The relationship you're describing between Contract Accounts and Contract would be a N:M relationship, which would require an intermediate table between EVER (Contract) and FKKVK (Contract Account). Such a table does not exist.

The clearing process reflects exactly the data model: You can only clear amounts against the same customer / account.

You certainly don't want to clear the debit of customer A against the credit of customer B.

But you might want allow to clear debit on contract A against credit on contract B as long as both contracts belong to the same customer.

Cheers

Jürgen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rasto

As far as I know the SAP data model can't have multiple Contract Accounts for a single Contract. It only allows multiple Contracts per Contract Account, so multiple Installations can be invoiced against a single customer account.

The relationship you're describing between Contract Accounts and Contract would be a N:M relationship, which would require an intermediate table between EVER (Contract) and FKKVK (Contract Account). Such a table does not exist.

The clearing process reflects exactly the data model: You can only clear amounts against the same customer / account.

You certainly don't want to clear the debit of customer A against the credit of customer B.

But you might want allow to clear debit on contract A against credit on contract B as long as both contracts belong to the same customer.

Cheers

Jürgen

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure if this scenario can exist where two different Contract Accounts/Partners can have same Contract. Vice-verse of-course is possible.

Normally FPMA clears two documents which belong to same Contract Account. If FPMA clears on Contract level, then it won't be able to clear on account items (without contract) and thus main requirement of FPMA will fail.

Thanks.

Ravi

rastislav_durina
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for your answers and help. It is not possible to this, this answer I have also from SAP.

Regards,

rasto