Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems while referencing a project in other project

Torsten_
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have several “Portal Application”-projects and one java project.

In the developer studio the java project is set as a required project in the build path on the “Portal Application”-projects.

On developing process (in the IDE) there are no problems.

But now I like to deploy one of the “Portal Application”-projects but the java project classes would not be deployed and I get a NoClassDefFoundError-Error.

Which is the correct ways to connect a java project with a portal application project and deploy both together.

Currently I’ve solved the problem by following way:

I create a jar file from the java project direct in the /dist/PORTAL-INF/lib directory from the portal application.

Now I can deploy the portal application and the java project jar file will also deployed

But on this way for every portal application I’ve a local copy on the portal, this is not fine.

I think there are exists a solution with one java project jar file.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using NWDI and the development components then you could set it using used DC in your DC metadata.In this way you can set up compile / build /deploy time dependency and NWDI takes care of it at all these times.

If you are not using NWDI, then unfortunately you have to keep it as a local copy in all the projects and in turn par files. There could be workarounds to this i.e. create the jar file and put it in the ext directory of your JDK installation so that your JRE would always refere to it..but not a very good way as you loose track of changes and the whole stuff is manual.