cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenerio that when we create sales order with reference to the quotation is it possible to change the material in the sales order using Material determination concept.

The customer will enter the Estimated design material code at the Quotation level(Costing will happen based on which Quotation will be submitted to the customer) but in the sales order it needs to be final design material which will be produced and delivered and invoiced to the customer.

Now I need to either change the material in the sales order or system should automatically determine the material when copied from Quotation

Please suggest any way out for the above scenerio.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Either way you can do it

in "T-code:OVRQ" or IMG>S&D>Basic Function>Material Determination>Define Substitution reason

in strategy coloum mention "Blank value Automatic- The Item will be replaced" or

"A-Substitute products are displayed for selection"

strategy coloum is used to indicate if the substitution should be automatic or if the proposed material determination items should be displayed via dialog box for selection.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the input,but when iam creating the Sales order with reference to the Quotation Material detrmination is not happening.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

when you creating sales order with refarence to quotation

before creating sales order maintian material determination procedure for material which is mentioned in Qutation

assign material determination procedure to your sales document type

in T-code: OVRQ menttion strategy is "A" foir this it will display dialog box for selection substitute material

now create sales order with referance to QT

once you enter sales doc type/sales org.d.channel/div click on create with ref button

in next screen give qutation number,

clikc on copy

select the substitue material double click on it

it will take you through the sales document with substitute material.

revert back if you have any query.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintainmed strategy =A and when Iam creating So with ref to QT system is not showing POP Up of material determination material,If i create without reference to QT system is showing POP UP

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create sales order with ref to QT

enter QT number and clcik on copy

automatically it will idsplay another material substitution screen for selection material

(with the help of OVRQ-strategy is A)

check in vb12 -proposed reasonand validity dates for the material

and check strategy for proposed reason mentioned in VB11 (in OVRQ is it "A" or not)

check with copy control also: VTAA

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you help me what copy control setting need to be?IN OVRQ strategy i mainatained as "A" even I am not getting POP UP.we are following MTO Scenerio is it because of that and we are doing Sales order costing @ Quotation level

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

strategy will work only on the basis of product

Product selection in the background is performed on the basis of the availability check

if you are using MTO scenario..

I am not sure

wait for expert answer.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you confirm 2 things:

1) in VTAA, at item level for AGN: make the field 'Copy product selection' as blank.

2) Check the reexplode structure/ free goods.

Regards,

Raghu.

Answers (0)