Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Lookup after unicode conversion of target R/3

philipp_wagner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

after having converted the target R/3 to unicode, an RFC lookup does not work the way as it did before. I assume that the data sent by the RFC lookup to the R/3 reaches the R/3 system in an unexpected format and therefore the function module in R/3 returns "entry not found".

Does anybody know if I have to maintain specific settings in the RFC communication channel?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phillip,

I have perfromed RFC lookup on Unicode R3 systems and there is no issue with Unicode actaully.

Add TRACE statements and try to see the reason for the error. Maybe the RFC is not available in the new system or the strucutre has changed or the input is invald or maybe the Configuration in the RFC adapter is incorrect.

See the status of the RFC adapter in RWB.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge there is no UNICODE settings in RFC Receiver adapter. Please check if unicode is the real problem. Keep a external breakpoint to the USER which is given the RFC Reviever communication channel. Then check if the data that received are correct.

Thanks,

Prakash

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phillip,

you can configure the target system of the SM59 destination to "Unicode System".

Regards,

Udo