cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does Bapi related to WebDynpro Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am Very new to WebDynpro. AM working as a java Developer.

I want to know

What is Bapi? And How does it related to WebDynpro?

Thanks & Regards,

Jyothi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WEbdynpro java is a front end application which is used for displaying/ storing front end data from/to SAP .

BAPI is a remote function call which is used in webdynpro for storing / displaying SAP backend data, typically ECC.

BAPI is simiar to oracle procedures.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thankyou. It is helpfull. What is ment by ECC

Thanks & Regards,

Jyothi.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BAPI:

Whereas BAPIs (Business API(Application Program Interface)) are used for interfacing between two systems. They are remotely enabled function module ie it can be invoked from remote programs like standalone JAVA programs, web interface etc..

Function Modules are used in SAP programs to modularze the programs. They are Global ABAP programs created by SAP for reusable purpose. They have IMPORT,EXPORT and TABLE parameters, and EXCEPTIONS to through when error occurs.

You can create them from TCode SE37.They are similar to Functions we have in C, but with more functionality.

ECC (Enterprise Control Component):

Master data will be saved in ECC System only.

ECC is Standalone and ECC is nothing but a backend system similar to Oracle

It has two versions: ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0 and Now ECC 7.0 is going to release on coming few months.

Kernel, support pack and all other tools are very much advance in ecc6.0 compare to any other version of sap. It supports NetWeaver component also like BI, XI and EP. In ECC6.0 all components are integrated in single software.

Please check this Application. This application relation Between ECC System and WDJAVA.

[Webdynpro JAVA|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f64e7a90-0201-0010-e0b4-ec1f849ecd4e]

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Vijay K

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ECC is nothing but a backend system similar to Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vijay,

Its realy helpful but i need a application related to BAPI. Can you please provide me.

Thanks,

Jyothi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is a function written in abap,which can be called in java.

it can do some update at abap side or return you some business data.