cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order order reason drop down list value control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody know how to control drop down list value control in SAP standard screen.

For example, in VA02-change sales order, field for Order reason, we would like to see the values that we in use.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member207661
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To all those who are still looking for a standard solution for this, SAP has released SAP Note '2477027 - Restriction of values for order reason and rejection reason in dropdown lists' for this.

As per the note, earlier this requirement was not possible, but now we can maintain below 2 tables for Order Reason and Rejection Reason filtering.

This filtering is based on Sales Organization and Sales Document Type:

• TVAU_AUART_VKO for filtering drop down values in Order Reason
  • TVAG_AUART_VKO for filtering drop down values in Rejection Reason
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Thank you so much for SAP note suggestion. This solution also worked for our business requirement as well.

Just only one issue I observed that. It did not create any IMG path in SPRO after note implementation. I have crated Transaction codes as per pre-requisites. But how to link to SPRO ?

1. VAUP = customizing to maintain the permitted order reasons (IMG path “Sales and Distribution -> Sales -> Sales Documents -> Sales Document Header -> Assign Order Reasons to Sales Document Types and Sales Organizations”).
  2. VAGP = customizing to maintain the permitted rejection reasons (IMG path “Sales and Distribution -> Sales -> Sales Documents -> Sales Document Item -> Assign Rejection Reasons to Sales Document Types and Sales Organizations”).
    Examples

Thanks

Ritesh Parikh

lossie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have assigned a few Reasons for Rejection to Sales Document and Sales Organization but I am still seeing the entire list. Anyone else with the same issue?

System gives the error message and still allows me to save even though config is not set up.

"Rejection rsn 05 Guarantee for sales doc. type **** and sales org. **** not defined"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of your answers.

But if we would like to keep the values in OVAU, and only show some of them in VA02's order reason drop down list. Any idea? Or only leave some active and rest inactive in the drop down list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

You need a Z-table for that and a bit of coding to bring it to the SO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Beate,

You might talk about create a search help in SE11 and link into the screen. I have done this in Zcustom report without problem.

My question is in VA02 field VBAK-AUGRA, how to link to the new search help. I know the program name is SAPMV45A, and screen is 4002 and 4008, but still could not find the corresponding field AUGRA.

SAP standard program is much complicated than Z report.

Xing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xing,

You can try restricting the values you see by doing code in sales order user exit: MV45AFZB.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rags,

Thanks for your suggestion. Coding in user exit is the way that I perferred.

It's good to perform the check and restrict value that user selected in Userexit, but my request is to restrict the values in the drop down list for user to see for order reason without change OVAU. I can not find the proper place to coding and don't know how.

Would you please give me more details?

Thanks again!

Xing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xing ,

Please note as given below :

1. Create an "Z Table " with the following key fields - Sales Org/Order type / Order Reason . Maintain the values in this table .

2. Use the User exits in the program MV45AFZZ - USEREXIT_READ_DOCUMENT using the the above Z table . The logic should be that the order reasons mainatined on the above table need to be populated in sales order creation or change mode .

3. Carry out testing this should come through .

To carry out the above activities , please take help of ABAPER in our project.

Thanks and regards

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Xing Shen ,

You can control the sales order drop down list according to the configuration settings,

For instance our example order reason will be configured in "OVAU"

Once you configure here particular order reason will be appeared in sales order reason drop down list.

Similarly we have delivery block, it will be configured in "OVZ7"

Billing block-OVV3

Reason for rejection:OVAG

please revert if you have any further clarifications

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Xing Shen,

The drop doen list will be controled according toour configuration setting, for example you have givn order reason,order reasons will be defined in "OVAU" transaction code ,once you configure a order reason here perticular order reason will be appeared in sales order.

Similarly you have "BILLING BLOCK" will be configured in

"DELIVERY BLOCK"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Xing Shen,

Sales document order reasons are controlled by to levels one is at header level for the total document,second one is for item level for a particular item.

You can define your own order reason for header and item, Go to SPRO - sales and distribution - sales - sales document header - define order reasons (T.code OVAU), sales document item - define order reasons for rejections(T.code OVAG).

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define only those order reasons which are used by you in T.Code : OVAU.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Sharan