cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare and Adjust Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a Template Project that was a shell. The source of the template is SAP's BPR structure. From that template project, I created an implementation project.

We ran our six month implementation and are now wrapping up. I now want to migrate the documents, objects, transactions and structure changes back to the template project so that I can create a new implementation project with the latest information in it. I would like to compare and adjust my implementation project back to my template and copy the changes back to the template. I cannot seem to make this work. I can successfully compare and adjust my template to my implementation but not my implementation back to my template. Please help...thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Solution Manager 7.1 provides a "rollback" functionality. This allows a comparison where changes of a successor (implementation project) are displayed in the context of the predecessor (template project). Adjustments can be done in the predecessor.

More details are described in [Solution Manager Help Portal|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/6b/8b6359b14e412d8495a334186c0090/frameset.htm].

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

In addition, the note 1236369 could be useful in your case in the future. It explains the following:

When you transfer templates into projects, the system copies the

documents of the template. The same applies when copying projects.

The system copies the documents on the "Project Documentation" tab

immediately. The documents on other tabs are flagged for copying and are

only copied if they are to be edited (open document, open attribute

dialog, check out document).

After you implement the corrections from this note, you can exclude

documents in certain folders from being copied.

You can use the report "SM_FOLDER_NO_REFCOPY" to enter the technical

names of folders whose documents should not be copied in the table

"IWBSETTING".

If I remember well, when using this, the documents will be only linked so if you use the documents not copied in the copy project, they'll be changed in the source project as well.

Kind regards, Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

There is no Compare and ajust that works from the implementation project to the template project. Unfortunately, you'll need to carry the canges manually.

Documents assigned to the u2018Project documentationu2019 tab are NOT part of the template (only documents at the General Documenation tab are reference ) and therefore are not transferred to the project where the template is used.

The 'Gen. Documentation' tab can only be managed in the template project. Even if you assign the template to a implementation project, you'll not be able to change nor delete the documents contained in it. To change the tab content, you need to do it in the template project and then apply the changes in the projects using the template.

Take a look at the wiki page for template projects, it should make clear it's behavior.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Template+Projects

Kind regards, Fabricius