cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one CIF integration model possible for material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we want to have two different integration models (with non-overlapping selections) for materials to be able to have separate selections, but we cannot make it work.

When we create them the first time and then activate them, everything works fine: both models send their products to APO in the initial load. However, if there are changes in products in both models, when we generate and then activate one of the models, the changes in the other one are lost: the generation-activation of the second model does not send any product to APO even if there were any changes in the master data (and we see the ALE pointers as processed in the table)

Is there any workaround to solve this issue in a system without CIF pointers in BDCP2?? The ECC system is below the relevant releases and will not be upgraded in the near future.

We could not find any mention to an existing limitation on the number of models being one neither in OSS notes nor the help pages.

thanks a lot,

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

It is common to have multiple Integration Models for Materials.

I have never heard of transaction BDCP2. I also have never seen the problem you describe.

I usually prefer not to use change pointers at all for Master data, such as Materials. You can alter this behavior in CFC9, and instead use Business Transfer Events. This means that all fields that are relevant for 'change transfer' to SCM will move across almost immediately after saving the changed material master.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/c8/cece3be9cd4432e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Also read the links contained in this page.

If you wish to actually perform a new 'initial load', then run the Integration model through program RIMODINI. It may be a lengthy run.

As always, check first in your Qual system before committing to production.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your helpful answer. After reading the link, I added change transfer and now is working as desired.

regards,

J.

Answers (0)