cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Help Needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm in ECC 6.0 and SRM Server 5.5. I've the following doubts. Please help me to clarify them if possible.

1. How to maintain a Contact Person for internal user? While creating SC, i'm getting the error message that 'No data found for Contact Person '000000038'. '000000038' is the BP of the concerned user. Please let me know the menu path.

2. We are using the data from HR. I've defined a simple Org structure in SRM. I've defined a Company code, a Purchasing Org and a Purchaing Group. In which Org structure shall I define Company code and Purchaing Org (In the Function Tab). Shall I define it for HR Structure or for SRM structure?

3. Do I need to define the attributes i.e. Account Assignment, Logical for FI system for both HR Org structure and SRM Org structure?

4. Where to define Address for all the Partner functions i.e. Goods Recepient, Requester etc. Please let me know the menu path.

5. While doing a drop down in SC, I'm unable to see Company Code, Plant and Storage location. But I've successfully synchronized these from backend and I can see these in the Organization tab.

6. While doing the drop down in the G/L account tab at the time of creation of SC, I'm unable to see anything. IS there anyway by which I can see all the backend G/L accounts?

7. How to deactivate the Tax Calculation Part. I dont need it for the time being. but SRM keep on throwing error message that Tax Calculation is not possible.

Thanks

Debashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer to this..

1. How to maintain a Contact Person for internal user? While creating SC, i'm getting the error message that 'No data found for Contact Person '000000038'. '000000038' is the BP of the concerned user. Please let me know the menu path

Mismatch between tables BUT052 and BUT050. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debasihish,

I will try and answer most of your questions:

1. How to maintain a Contact Person for internal user? While creating SC, i'm getting the error message that 'No data found for Contact Person '000000038'. '000000038' is the BP of the concerned user. Please let me know the menu path.

<b>The transaction code to create a contact person for an internal user is BBPMAININT.</b>

2. We are using the data from HR. I've defined a simple Org structure in SRM. I've defined a Company code, a Purchasing Org and a Purchaing Group. In which Org structure shall I define Company code and Purchaing Org (In the Function Tab). Shall I define it for HR Structure or for SRM structure?

<b>You have to move the SRM org units into the HR org structure and maintain the company code at the highest level where all the users are maintained.Also the purchasing org and Purchasing group should be defined in the function tab within this org structure.</b>

3. Do I need to define the attributes i.e. Account Assignment, Logical for FI system for both HR Org structure and SRM Org structure?

<b>Once you move your SRM org structure within your HR org structure, you need to maintain all the attributes such as ACS, SYS, Vendor ACS and Vendor SYS at the highest level of the org structure.</b>

4. Where to define Address for all the Partner functions i.e. Goods Recepient, Requester etc. Please let me know the menu path.

5. While doing a drop down in SC, I'm unable to see Company Code, Plant and Storage location. But I've successfully synchronized these from backend and I can see these in the Organization tab.

<b>

The company code, Purchasing group and purchasing org should be visible once you move the org structure into the HR org structure. Plant and storage locations should be maintained in the extended attributes of the org unit where all the users reside.</b>

6. While doing the drop down in the G/L account tab at the time of creation of SC, I'm unable to see anything. IS there anyway by which I can see all the backend G/L accounts?

<b>You need to create an RFC destination called SRMSRCHHELP and also create a dialog user SRMSRCHHELP and maintain this in the table BACKEND_DEST or through the menu path:

Srm server -> technical basic settings -> Define Backend systems...In the last column you need to maintain the new RFC destination created. There is an OSS note on this. I dont remeber the number...you can search by "SRM Search requires a dialog user".</b>

7. How to deactivate the Tax Calculation Part. I dont need it for the time being. but SRM keep on throwing error message that Tax Calculation is not possible.

<b>Through the menu path go into tax calculation and select the radio button no tax calculation.</b>

Hope this information helps !!!

PLease assign points for usefull answers !!

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Can you please clarify what do you mean by 'move the SRM org units into the HR org structure'. What I did was assign Company code to the Company in HR. Then I assign Purchasing Org to Purchasing Department. Then I Assign Purchasing Groups to Purchaser (Position in HR). Is it what you mean??

Thanks

Debashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debashish,

Why do you need to maintain two different org structures?? What i mean by saying 'move the SRM org units into the HR org structure'is that maintain one single org structure.

The purpose of an Org structure along with the attributes is to define the users experience while shopping. If you maintain them separately it becomes difficult to map pur org and pur groups to various positions??

In plain words assign all your SRM org units to the HR root org.

Please assign points for usefull answers !!!

Thanks,

Sundeep

Message was edited by: Sundeep Ravande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Well I've figured it out. Now I'm maintaineing only one Org structure i.e. HR Org structure. I'm just assigning Company Code to HR Company, Purchasing Org to Purchasing Dept and Purchasing Group to Purchaser.

In BBPMAINT Transaction I can't see where to create Contact Person. Can you tell me exactly where to go in that transaction?

I can select plant, storage location at the time of creation of SC, but I can't select a company code. when I do a drop down, there is nothing for company code.

Even after maintaining all the attributes at the highest level (Company Code), when I run a check system still shows RED light and it says that attributes are missing. Any specific cause for this? For the attribute ROLL, what should be maintained? SRM Help says that a default has to be set. But this has to be set at Company Code level or Department level or Position level?

Thanks

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let us know, if you could solve all your problems??

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. In transaction BBPMAININT, I went to "Employee for Business Partner". Then I key in the BP of the Internal User and Press "Create'. But the error message shays 'Contact Person is only possible for Vendor/Invoiceing Party/ bidder'.

How to go about creating Contact Person for Internal Users?

2. I run a synchronization check for my Internal User using trancation BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE. I choose User button. I key in the user and run the report. I'm getting Error Message

"Several objects are assigned to the object of type 'US' with ID 'DLT-SRMPURC2'"

Message no. BBP_UM_UI034

How to resolve this problem?

3. Where to maintain Goods Recepient, Requestor (I.e. different Partner Function) for the Users?

Thanks

Debashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debashsih,

The key is find out if the user is consistent or not. Use T-code BBP_CHECK_USERS and if the user is not consistent, do a repair level 2 and your partner function errors should dissappear.

Thanks,

Sundeep