Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight condition on pallet level

peter_steffensen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Iu2019m stuck with a problem for a condition for freight. Sorry if it's answered somewhere else in the forum, but I haven't found it yet.

Currently there is a freight condition working for this which basically is using KG and there is a scale, which identifies the freight cost.

The freight condition in KG is created as an item condition and as a group condition, i.e. when more than one material in the order then the freight cost is distributed to every material line.

This works excellent, but does of course face some problems in the scale values.

We now want to create a new freight condition, which basically is basing the freight determination upon the number of pallets.

I have then created a new condition, which is created as an item condition and as a group condition and the relevant master data.

I have a scale which says:

0-1 pallet 50u20AC/pallet

1-2 pallet 49u20AC/pallet

2-3 pallet 48u20AC/pallet

etc.

If a material for instance is 100 cartons per pallet then the condition determination for an order will be:

Order 1:

Pos.nr 10 100 cartons = 1 pallet = freight 50u20AC

Order 2:

Pos.nr 10 50 cartons = ½ pallet

Pos.nr 20 50 cartons = ½ pallet

Result = freight 50u20AC

Order 3:

Pos.nr 20 50 cartons = ½ pallet

Pos.nr 30 1 carton = 1/100 of a pallet

Result = freight = 49u20AC + 1/100th of 49u20AC = 49,49u20AC

Order 4:

Result = freight = 25u20AC

Order 1 + 2 would be OK u2013 but only because it matches a full pallet

Order 3 + 4 would not be OK. For order 3 the result should be 2x49u20AC and for order 4 the cost should be 50u20AC

I have been trying to use the Alternative formula for condition base value (to round up the number of pallets to a whole number), but as this is only calculated on position level I canu2019t see what to do. Additionally I think I have also tried every combination in the book for the customizing of the condition, butu2026u2026.

Can anyone please give me a hint as this would be highly valuated??

rgds

Steff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter, the way I look at it is is calculation of total no of pallets for the whole order level..if you're able do that you can use AltCTyp for the pricing part.

We had done the total no of pallets calculations in my previous implementation at MV45AFZZ, FORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE. We first determined item level pallets required and then summed up at header level..and stored it in a z-field in table VBAP.

You can try doing similar thing and access this value in the AltCTyp and do the calculation.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Raghu.

peter_steffensen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

I have also had my ABAP'er experimenting a bit with AltCTyp to determine the number of pallets, but unfortunately not something succesfully yet.

The problem with the AltCTyp was that I could easily have an alternative calculation, which would use this to determine the number of pallets and thereby the scale, but it wouldn't give me the correct value back.

If I can use the example of a full pallet in line 10 and a sample carton in line 20, then the total number of pallets is 1 pallet and one carton, i.e. it will be sent on two pallets.

When using AltCTyp I got two options:

[1]: line 10 (the price of one pallet) + line 20 (the price of one pallet / no of cartons in pallet * 1

[2]: line 10 (the price of one pallet) + line 20 (the price of one pallet)

When using AltCTyp it's my understanding that it's calculating per item line - handling all lines and group values - and distributing the values to each line.

I miss the option of SAP providing me the sum of all lines. This sum should then look in the scales where it identifies that it's above 1 pallet but below two, identify that it should be 2 pallets. Then it should take this freight cost of two pallets and distribute the amount to the lines according to the quantity, so the result of sending an extra pallet for this one line 20 would have an impact on both lines.

Basically I had thought that the scale formula could provide this for me, but..............

I will have my ABAP'er have a look at your suggestion for the user exit

rgds

Steff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I would suggest to separate the total no of pallets calculation in the user exit I suggested and then in the alternate calc type just use this value and do the pricing.

Regards,

Raghu.