cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error Step 2 of 46

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to install SolMan 7.1 on AIX 5.3 Oracle 11g. I am getting the following error on step 2.

Install service

Check Installation Path ...ok

Copy Executable ...ok

Generate Profile ...ok

Install SYS-V service ...-> Start /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec pf=/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile <-

start hostcontrol using profile /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile

[ERROR] Invalid SAPSYSTEMNAME value.

[ERROR] /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec pf=/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile exit with status 235

[ERROR] Failed</html>)</i>. You can now: </p> <ul> <li> Choose <i>Retry</i> to repeat the current step. </li> <li> Choose <i>Log Fil

es</i> to get more information about the error. </li> <li> Stop the option and continue with it later. </li> </ul> <p> Log files are

written to <code>/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS</code>. </p> </body></html>

ROOT has SAPSYSTEMNAME=<SID> and SAPSYSTEM=D99 set in its env. So I'm not quite sure why I am encountering this error. I have not seen it in previous installations.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> start hostcontrol using profile /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile

> [ERROR] Invalid SAPSYSTEMNAME value.

> [ERROR] /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec pf=/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile exit with status 235

> [ERROR] Failed</html>)</i>. You can now: </p> <ul> <li> Choose <i>Retry</i> to repeat the current step. </li> <li> Choose <i>Log Fil

> ROOT has SAPSYSTEMNAME=<SID> and SAPSYSTEM=D99 set in its env. So I'm not quite sure why I am encountering this error. I have not seen it in previous installations.

>

> Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

saphostexec program is trying to use the profile ' /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile', please check the value of SAPSYSTEMNAME there.

One more thing, 'SAPSYSTEM=D99', what is this 'D99' ?

What is the instance number you chose for the installation ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

host_profile is empty. I was not sure if this was causing the error and I needed to use a normal editor to fix that and enter some values? Or if they would be written in by SAPInst as part of the Step.

Instance # is 00

Former Member
0 Kudos

host_profile is empty. I was not sure if this was causing the error and I needed to use a normal editor to fix that and enter some values? Or if they would be written in by SAPInst as part of the Step.

>

> Instance # is 00

I haven't experimented with solman 7.1 installation yet, but yes please try that - to enter the entry for this parameter manually there.

Since instance number is 00, so I guess the SAPSYSTEM should be 00. Not sure why it is set as D99 for the root user !

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed it.

Turns out I needed to edit host_profile and add the following

SAPSYSTEMNAME=SAP

SAPSYSTEM=99

then create the file structure /usr/sap/SAP/D99/

This is per the defaults since the system will be setup as a localhost

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwes72/helpdata/en/44/994d74018151d5e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the Solution !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You could have used latest AIX 6.1/7.1 instead of AIX 5.3 OS platform.

What SID and instance number you chose for the installation ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading to 6.1 later this year. Right now our NIM server is setup for 5.3

root is setup with the following.

SAPSYSTEMNAME=SAM

SAPSYSTEM=D99