cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I need to install sap solution manage 7.0 with EHP1, but i´m confused about the steps. I have to install solution manager 7.0 and after that make the install of EHP1 o directly when I´ll install the SM EHP1 I ´ve the EHP1 installed?

In the installation guide, there aren´t the minimum sap database space that uses this installation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Look in the installation guide.

You want to review the requirements for the kind of installation you are performing, such as a Central, Distributed or HA installation. The minimum disk space requirements are provided here. However you will need more diskspace than the minimum requirements, as it also depends on the usage, and this does not account for your data, this is the space required to install.

A basic installation will vary, depending on the kind of installation and the database used, but you will most likely need 80-100GB to install the system, then in addition space to accomodate monthly growth.

This is a ball park figure. Yoiu may wish to use https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/quicksizer to get an idea.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I´ve read the installation guide for oracle and windows in a central system and the size not appear

Edited by: Ruben Torres on Sep 30, 2011 3:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not appear nothing about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which installation guide you are referring ? Please paste here the complete name of the guide.

By the way, just to re-confirm, Are you talking about the size of sap/database FILESYSTEMS or about the size of 'datafiles' in Oracle ?

If this is the first one, then we already have done discussion on this. If this is the second option then please refer the Note - 129439 Maximum file sizes with Oracle

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m refer to the sap database files. The last installation guide is 1.0 u2013 2011-02-18

Installation Guide

SAP Solution Manager 7.0 including SAP Enhancement Package 1

SR1 on Windows: Oracle

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you referring to the Planning section '2.6 Distribution of SAP System Components to Disks' ?

We understand that 'minimum' total disk space needed is not given for Windows platform as compared to unix where we get to see minimum filesystem size for the various directories.

But minimum space needed initially can be chosen anything from 100-150-200 GB (this is the size for the disk where actual sap data will reside i.e. where 'sapdata' folders will be created).

As an example (from the landscapes we support), the minimum configuration can be -

C drive - System drive - No SAP directories here --> 40-70 GB

D drive - SAP usr\sap etc. and oracle origlog/mirrlog--> 40-100 GB

E drive - Oracle origlog/mirrlog + oraarch --> 40-100 GB

F drive - Oracle sapdata* --> 100-200 GB

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m refer to 2.3.2 point Requirements for a Central System.

Minimum disk space -> SAP Database files: this appears empty and this value appears in the other platformas guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

This is what - the minimum space for /oracle/SID/sapdata* folders are not mentioned (where datafiles reside) and other sap/database directories as well.

Whereas for Unix platform installation guides, minimum filesystem space is advised for sap and database directories because normally it is recommended to create those filesystem separately for each of those mentioned directories.

For windows, in general , for each n every directory we don't create separate disk space/harddisk partition.

Please try to go with minimum recommendation example which I tried to suggest you.

It is your decision (Basis implementation team) to plan which directories you want in which hard disk partition in windows - and space required is actually calculated by 'SAP Sizing' if you want to go for the standard procedure.

For e.g.

D drive can contain SAP application binaries - \usr\sap...and kernel etc.

E drive mainly may contain 'oraarch'

F drive may contain on 'sapdata*' contents

Similar example is given in the installation guide which you have.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I will follow your advice.

More thanks, and sorry but miy confusion

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

>

> I need to install sap solution manage 7.0 with EHP1, but i´m confused about the steps. I have to install solution manager 7.0 and after that make the install of EHP1 o directly when I´ll install the SM EHP1 I ´ve the EHP1 installed?

>

> In the installation guide, there aren´t the minimum sap database space that uses this installation.

Hello,

You will get Solution Manager 7.0 with EhP1 installed. But EhP1 SP level will be almost minimum, for e.g. SPS 19. So, just after installation, it is better to upgrade this newly installed solution manager ehp1 to latest ehp1 patch, for e.g. SP 26 - before beginning with Solution Manager Initial Configuration. This step is already mentioned in the installation guide as well, as post installation step.

Minimum sap database space to be planned must be mentioned there in the installation guide. See the section, sap directories or file systems etc for both SAP instance and the database instance.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks database SAP,

But in the installation guide not appear the minimal size of the sap database files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks database SAP,

>

> But in the installation guide not appear the minimal size of the sap database files.

Hello Ruben,

It must be there in Preparation section of the guide. Check with something Setting File Systems Or SAP Directories etc.

Which database you are going to install ? For e.g. if Oracle , then search something like Oracle directories.

Thanks