cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company code assigmnet

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We are embarking on a new proj, and unable to figure out how to ensure that one customer record has only one company code of its kind. Eg: customer XYZ can have company code US01 assigned to it only once.

Need this validation during both manual entry in Data Manager and also in Import Manager.

Need this issue resovled urgently, any help would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks,

Veena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

Please set the company code field property as Unique using MDM Console which should ensure that one customer record has only one company code of its kind. Just try and revert with your findings.

If still need some more inputs, please elaborate lil bit more on your data modelling. Kindly revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes I racked my brains to do a count on the Tuple, like you mentioned it is not possible. We are able to ensure that no duplicate tuple fields are created through Import Manager but manual entry needs the human eye to ensure the same Quality.

Regards,

Veena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Veena,

Since you do not want to change the data model and are doing a manual workaround I would suggest you take help of PI to ensure the xml segment has only one entry.This validation will ensure your requirement is fulfilled.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

There can be a validation which can be called in a WF.

This WF can be triggered on Import/Record add.

You basically need a validation which says no of rows in Tuple/Qualified table for Comp Code data should be = 1.

I guess you can try using Count function,let me know your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this at my end but it seems we cannot count no of entries of a Tuple using some expression.

We will have to create some workaround for this,involving change in data model.

Are there multiple comp codes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

What is the current scenario,do you have multiple company codes or not?

Thanks,

Ravi