cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF based on "Positions" instead of "Users" ?

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Is somebody using any WF in SRM that is based on positions instead of users ?

For example, if the user A leaves the company, I delete his/her user but not his/her position.

After, I move the user B (object) into the Position A and this user (b) inherit the pending authorization tasks.

Thanks for you help guys !!!! 😃

Kind regards,

Diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Come on guys.. Any idea about this ? I dont know if it is feasible or not .. or better: I dont know if it is a recommended option =(

Thank you !

Diego

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what about authorizations like is standard in EBP?

Gordan

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordan,

That's exactly what I need to hear. I have never heard about a workflow in SRM based in positions, but.. a guy in my company said that last week.

So, before send a reply to his recommendation, I would like to be 200% sure that SRM workflow doesnt work with positions.

Thank you !

dIEGO

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

It is technically correct SAP Business Workflow works with Positions but it is difficult to maintain the Org. objects in SRM and CRM applications. Because SRM and CRM have enhanced objects BP: Business Partner and CP: Central Person objects.

You can check object relationship with infotype 1001 in PP02 transaction.

Organization Unit - O 50000608

-> Position - S 50000621

-> Central Person - CS50006622

-> Business Partner BP0000000111

-> User USPURCHASER

Regards,

Masa

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok thank you 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Position based security works in SRM and workflow can be driven off the position "S" as well as the User object "US". We're implementing Position based security and are using the shopping cart item level approval workflow all being driven off the Position.

-Sachin

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Wow.. that's the first person I heard is using that thing 😃

Id like to ask you about that effort. Is that an easy thing ? which are the main implications ? I would like to know what's your estimate to accomplish that 😃

Thanks for your advice !

BR,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are also using position based secrutiy. But in SRM 5 I don't think this is possible as the evaluation path is not the same. Has anyone been able to get this to work?

Thanks you in advance.

Yady