cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Definition Satr and end date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have cretaed project with WBSE and Network Activities . Designed for Forward scheduling . The steps are as follows :-

1.After creating the Project Definition , system will provide start date i.e today's date.

2. After Creating Network activities with duration and providing relationships between the activities , then schedule the Project .

3. After scheduling the Project , end date of the project can be seen in the Project definition .

Issue is as follows :-

after confirming the activity , and reschedule the project , system is changing Project Definition start date as well as end date .

required start date should be fixed and end date should be changed according to confirmation of avctivity .

Can u pls suggest what settings are needed .

Regards

DMR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In customizing, goto Dates -> Date Planning in WBS -> Define Parameters for WBS Scheduling and ensure that the correct parameters have been maintained (specially llok at the indicator: Adjust Basic Dates) according to your requirement. Refer to SAP help on the node for further assistance.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ammar

Thanks for reply .

Before yr reply i have alredy carried out the same , but it didn't work . Can u pls provide an alternate suggestion .

Regards

DMRAO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMRAO,

Please verify the value that is maintained for field 'Plan.meth/basic' on the control tab of the project definition (Planning Dates). It should be Top Down (using this method whenever a project is saved the system automatically checks the dates within the project structure, if time scheduling is not consistent then the project cannot be saved).

Regards,

Ammar