Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No component usage created in enhanced web dynpro component

janphillip_hft
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing the following problem:

I'd like to enhance a web dynpro component in order to add a popup window. The popup is triggered by the process_event method. So far everything works just fine.

But the popup needs to know some context attributes from the main component, and I cannot create a component usage in order to set the context mapping.

Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Thanks and regards

Jan Phillip Höft

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

janphillip_hft
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your answers first of all.

I need the popup to be a stand alone web dynpro component, so I guess the assistant class doesn't do the trick because I can not access it in the popup component.

The popup is called when the business object is saved. So that the user is asked to notify other users that the document has changed. In this popup the user should fill in the message and click a button to send it and close the popup.

So I tried the OBN approach as well but with two problems :

1. I cannot close the popup component by coding (button click) because it has no direct parent component

2. The save event is not run through properly so the document stays locked by the user. But I didn't look into this yet.

So it would be perfect to have an embedded popup component which is based on a stand alone web dynpro application so it can be closed properly but it need at least access to the guid of the main component.

Anybody got an idea for this?

Thanks and regards

Jan Phillip Höft

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan Phillip Höft,

you can create an interface method in the target component which accepts the GUID. And in the source component, before calling the IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER->CREATE_WINDOW_FOR_CMP_USAGE method, you can call the interface method via the interface controller and pass the GUID.

Hope this helps.

BR, Saravanan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

janphillip_hft
Explorer
0 Kudos

That did it. Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using a WD component as used component in a enhancement, Earlier I also tried to achieve same kind of functionality but due to some wired kind of errors , not able to make possible/doable .

So I am suggesting below point :

1 Make a WD component which you want to open as pop-up . Create an application for same

2.In your feeder class , use method GET_ACTIONS to define action to open it by clicking or lead selection of item table .

3.In method HANDLE_ACTION , handle this action . means pass the url of WD component using OBN (object based navigation) .

Hope that help you .

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you move these context variables into the assistance class and retrieve them from there? It's a workaround, and maybe not a perfect solution, but it would probably solve the issue. I usually prefer working with attributes in the assistance class since they're universally available.

Also, you could try moving them to the main component controller and get them from there in your popup (WD_COMP_CONTROLLER).

Regards,

Trond