cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not starting the server dev after restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am not able to start dev server after it has been restarted plz help me out in resolving it in detail what to do

regards

upendar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i assume this is as single server with linux for OS and oracle as DB?

then try following

open terminal

login as ora<sid>

check listener status by:

lsnrctl status

if not running then run it by

lsnrctl start

then login as <sid>adm

run R3trans -d(case sensitive)

check result, as long as it succeeded then you can follow on with startsap command.

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

Please check note

1623979 - SAP start fails on Linux

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Upendra,

Go throgh below steps:

1) First you have to make sure your Database is up or not.

If not what error you are receiving and also check alert_<sid>.log file in saptrace/background location.

2) Check DB to application connectivity using command R3trans -d.

If this gives return code other then 0000 paste the error log.

3) Also check the work directory log files ( Dev_w0,dev_disp,dev_ms)

Check and let me know if you are unable to trace out post the above requested log files.

Regards,

Kiran .V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

>

>

> i am not able to start dev server after it has been restarted plz help me out in resolving it in detail what to do

>

>

> regards

> upendar

Hello,

I guess you are talking about the server reboot and you are not able to start SAP after that server reboot happened.

Was that an unexpected reboot or the planned one (did you put SAP down before server reboot) ?

What kind of problem you face when you start SAP now ? Try to check startsap.log. What is the database ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

actually it is a planned activity but one person stopped that instance and they asked me to up the system and the problem is it is saying it is not able to connect to dec server when i click on sap GUI and the db is oracle.

Regards

upendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

> actually it is a planned activity but one person stopped that instance and they asked me to up the system and the problem is it is saying it is not able to connect to dec server when i click on sap GUI and the db is oracle.

>

>

>

> Regards

> upendar

Hi Upendar,

When you were asked to put SAP up then did you run startsap command from OS level. Are SAP and database up now ? - Because I see that you are trying to connect via SAPgui.

If SAP is not up yet, then what problem you face to put that UP ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.- The listener is running?

2.- run the r3trans -d command and check that the return code is 0000

3.- please post the dev_w0 log that is in the /usr/sap/SID/DVEB..../work directory

Regards

Aldo