cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening XLSX Files in change-Modus calls up Error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning Community,

we are facing problems whenever we're trying to open Documents in our Business Blueprint Structure (SOLAR01) which are stored as document type XLSX.

The error message popping up reads as follows:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\SAPUSERNAME\AppData\Local\SAP\SAPGUI\tmp\001E0B76A9901ED0BAE62769F63D9E0A\OLY-SD-document types.xlsx' Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.

Funnily the error message has no consequence, the document still opens in Excel (2003, which we have in use in our company, whilst the original file, created by our external consultants, is in Office 2010 format), but we would like to get rid of that message. I already tried the solution suggested in , but to no avail.

Does anyone else have similar difficulties and probably already found a solution? And no, upgrading to Office 2010 is out of scope

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Sabine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabine,

It looks like there is a problem with your SAP GUI installation on the client.

Did you check this already?

During our project for the Office2010 upgrade I have checked all combinations of different installations:

Office2003 on a WinXP-32-client and on a WinXP-64 client

Office2010 on a WinXP-32-client and on a WinXP-64 client

SolMan documents in Office2003 format

SolMan documents in Office2010 format

All run well if SAPGUI release 720 has been correctly installed on the clients. Older versions don't work!

You find more information for SAPGUI 720 in the sapnotes 1393114 and 66971.

But I recommend to install Office2010 because there is some more trouble in SolMan functionality caused by Office2010 documents and using Office2003, e.g. generating the test report. Therefore we don't use 2010-files until all clients have upgraded to Office2010.

Hope this is the information you need!

Best regards,

Adelbert