Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of component in Finished Material

john_steven
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is a machine industry having both MTS and MTO scenarios.

For example letu2019s consider a material u201CAu201D which is manufactured with 12345 components and u201CAu201D is a finished material. My customer directly sells this to customer which will be MTS scenario.

But sometimes customer will ask the material u201CAu201D with modifications like he needs 12356 i.e. in place of u201C4u201D component he needs u201C6u201D.

So please suggest a better process to map the same in SAP SD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems the material is configurable,so it will comes under MTO (make to order).In sales order once you enter the finished material you will get configurable list in that you will select as per the customer requirement,then it will be moved to production once the production done for that you can do the delivery and invoice.

Thanks

Ram

john_steven
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your reply. But here the problem is the machine is already produced and it is in stock. So as per the customer requirement they are going to change some parts in that and will sell to customer.

So how we can create a sales order for this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case also you can follow the same procedure,sales order will be created by the customer requirement and then moved to the production,here if the material all ready produced then they will change the parts as per the order requirement,if not they will produce as per the requirement.

With my knowledge i am giving you the suggestion,please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Ram