cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal exception on reimport of existing model

Former Member
0 Kudos

My aRFC (zBAPI) has been modified with a new field in its structure. ABAP changes are complete and the FM executes successfully in SE37, displaying the new field.

I am receiving an unexpected error when reimporting the existing model in a shared model DC. The import log summary window contains two lines:

Info: Deltas, if any:

Fatal: java.lang.NullPointerException; null

NWDS Error log shows:

!ENTRY com.tssap.util 4 0 Sep 29, 2011 12:29:42.689

!MESSAGE Sep 29, 2011 12:29:42... com.sap.ide.metamodel.general.exception.ReflectionException [Thread[main,5,main]] Error: reflection error in method "DevelopmentObjectProxy.getProperty()": illegal argument: null

I posted this question two years ago and never found a solution - I now find myself in the situation again.

Hoping for some advice - thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to change the NWDS version, use some other newer or older version.

Also try from some other system. It will work.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are u getting same error in newer and older versions of NWDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my question.

First, please allow me to clarify - this error is occurring when I attempt to re-import the model from my backend ECC ABAP server, not my portal server. My team and I have discussed the value of clearing the metadata cache from the portal and resetting the jCo connections, but since we are not attempting to interface with a Java stack based portal server at the time of import, it does not seem particularly helpful. The systems in use are my NWDI server, my ABAP server and my local development machine.

Additionally, this problem was first reported by our offshore team using their resources, and has been replicated on two systems in my workgroup. The offshore team is using an older version of NWDS, we are using 7.01.08 locally.

Some new information - through process of elimination we have determined that the custom RFC that is raising this fatal exception is NOT the RFC we recently changed, it is a custom RFC that has not been modified for over two years. It is also executing without error using SE37.

The custom SC that contains the model DC and the application DC's that use it have been migrated to new development tracks over time as we implement projects and upgrade systems, so there is no way to know how or when the corrupted metadata was introduced.

Based on this information, I think I need to move my question to the NWDS / NWDI forum. The problem seems to be pointing to the NWDI repository.

Thank you again for your responses.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Whenever a change is made to the structure in ABAP, you need to re-import the model in NWDS and re-start the J2EE server. This clears the metadata cache. Else the metadata will not have the details of the new field.

Re-start the J2EE server or try clearing the metadata cache from the portal (does not work most of the time)

Regards,

Poojith MV