SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Posting query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am looking guidance from your side.I am new in FICA.While making manual payment through FPCD I got an error" *GL Account xxxxxx required valid tax code".*This is a cash desk clearing account. I checked the master data of this cash desk clearing GL account.In Tax Category I defined "+" and unchecked the "Post without Tax" check box.

My requirement is like that when I am clearing an open item say Rs110(include Rs10 tax) against the partial payment say Rs60.This payment of Rs60 should also include Tax rate.But when I am trying to add tax code in this cash desk clearing account it is not allowing me to post the payment and show me the same error.

Cash Journal is not active.

Please guide me to solved the error.

If I am wrong please correct me.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Ashwani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the Tax Setting ''*'' (Asterisk) for the Tax attribute in GL Account settings (Transaction FS00)

I hope it helps.

Ivor M.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the Tax Setting ''*'' (Asterisk) for the Tax attribute in GL Account settings (Transaction FS00)

I hope it helps.

Ivor M.

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Thanks for the reply

I tried with the "*" but still the problem is same.

Can you please help me for this.

Regards

Kumar

christiane_grammlich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

I think thats a missunderstanding. If the G/L account a clearing account for incomming payments, then no tax posting will be

executed, if you post the payment to this clearing account. The tax should be posted, if you assign the incoming payment

to an debit document.

The clearing account should have no entry in the field "tax category".

I hope I could help you.

Christiane

0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

Thanks for the reply.I think you have clear my doubts regarding that.Thank you so much for help.

I closing the query as Answered.

Regards

Ashwani