cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Net Price does not match full value of items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In many cases and for some materials, our system does a funny thing.

When creating the sales order from VA01, you'll enter 2 items.

1 is priced $2000

2 is priced $5000

Net price should be $7000 (no discounts or fees).

However, in many cases the net price will be shown as something else (like $6000 or $4000), until you hit save or re-price or go the conditions tab (which shows the correct net price) and back.

We have a lot of pricing customization in our system, so this is definitely due to that.

I am a developer, so where would be a good place to look?

Thanks,

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your copy controls of order VTAA there at item level check the pricing type by giving 'A'.

Check and revert.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Where do I check the copy controls and what's VTAA.

Could you explain the rest as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The copy controls can be checked in tcode VTAA and you can try by changing the pricing type to A in that tcode.

However, this is a customization work.

SAP calls pricing several times during the SO creation, so there are chances it is yet in the process of calculation when you find the above discrepancies.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I'll have to discuss VTAA pricing types with the Business Analyst, since there are many records and I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

In regards to your second point, it's not in calculation. It'll stay at that number until you save, check the conditions tab in the header or reprice the document.

What's interesting is that it doesn't do this for all materials.

For example:

Material 1 - priced $25

Material 2 - priced $25

Net price would be $50, which is correct.

But say we use Material 3 - priced $25 as well. For this one, the total net price could show up as $30.

Can pricing types be specific to materials or material groups? What is the pricing type exactly and why 'A'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also check See OSS note 24832. on the same issue,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Very helpful note.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this note: Note 758478 - Condition values are incorrect at header level.

One more check from my farthest of imagination: You probably are using a z-field in one of the condition types as part of the key and the value of which is determined only during save for the document and the system determines correct pricing only at save or re-pricing.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has something to do with group pricing of materials, with a custom group pricing conditions, and dependence on other materials in the order. I think our VBAK-NETWR is updated before the final group pricing happens. Not sure where to look though.