cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing MA to ERP: What validations are included with Use ERP Validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I select the "Use ERP Validation" checkbox in my integrated document type for Master Agreements, what is the list of validations that will be enforced? I would like to know this so that I know what additional custom validations I should add that are not included with the standard selected. The SAP Integration Guide does not give this level of detail. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are some hints:

@Header:

Some of the validations done here are related to filelds in the integration tab like transaction type, purchasing org, purchasing group, . The fields mandatory check & replicated flag check on this objects are checked..

in addition at the Contract document level other integrated objects like vendor, payment terms are also checked for replication flags.. The purchase org selected in integration tab should match one of vendor's purchase org.

@Item:

There is an array of validations again.. here the focus is the master data used in line items are checked for consistency:

1. If Plant is replicated, check that it is assigned to a company code. 2. All item plants must belong to the same Company Code and this must match the Company Code on the header. If Plant is not set, it is treated as valid. 3. If both Plant and P-org are ECC replicated, check that there exists a relationship.

Guess best way to go forward is to do some tests for your particular scenario and see if it is covered in standard. if not you can implement a custom validation in the prepublish script

Thanks, baski