cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control Inspection for Stock Transport Order Just like Reg Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We do Stock transport order to bring stock to the dock from a Hub. I would like the inspection process (using inspection plan to drive) similar to the regular receipt.

I tried setting up material master with 08 , but in this case everything went to quality and all transfer posting done between storage locations created an inspection lot.

Basically i want to setup 2 inspection types for a material, 01 for regular receipt and something else for all stock transport order. Both should use the same inspection plan to determine the quality process.

Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks

Jithin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Say you are using 311 for storage location to storage location transfer then you can make copy of mvt type 311say "z11" in OMJJ .& de-activate QM for this mvt type.

Whenever you want to transfer from storage location to storage location you can useuse this Z11 mvt type.This will not create inspection lot .

But when you are doing STO then system will create 08 inspection lot as per your requirement.

I have taken 311 just as an example .You may have your own process which may be using different mvt type.

You can follow same procedure !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

So basically deactivating QM for the stock transfer movement type is the only way to go about it. So what if i have a mixture of regular vendor and STO order, can i setup the material with both 01 and 08 inspection type and will it work with inspection plan for both type of PO's?

Thanks

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again I am saying very much depends upon the process that you follow.

My way to look at it is "Main Intention of your is to cut down the inspection lots while transfering storage location to storage location".So what would I have preffered is

1.Either make copy of mvt type 311 & deactivate QM for that .Every time when I transfer material from Sto to Sto then use this movt type so that lot will not be generated.

or

2.Deactivate QM for 311 & only use the mvt type which is copy of 311 for STO orders along with 01.

can i setup the material with both 01 and 08 inspection type and will it work with inspection plan for both type of PO's?

Yes ,as per above explaination !!