cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to key in concreate material number for service SO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

User tries to create a service order and didn't want to key in concrete material number, instead only a service description.

Please advise process or material i should read.

Thanks,

Linda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Linda,

This can be mapped through CMIR T.code VD51,here you maintain the customer, material and material description you can give material description as per the wish,how the material was calling by the customer.

In sales order instead of giving material number you can give material description,then the system automatically calls the material.

Thanks

Ram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Linda Gao ,

As per my understanding

For your requiremet create a material as discriptive like (Service material) and maintain price for that material in VK11.

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to further add that you can map the service materials to the customers as required for the user. But it requires that CMIR needs to be maintained for all the materials and for all the customers.

In case you are looking for some thing like creation of service PO in ME21n where user simply keys in the service description, Item category and account assignment key to create a service PO, it is not possible in SD -VA01.

Please revert back with specific requirement for getting a better solution.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Linda,

When the user wants to create the sale order for service without item code then Create the new item Category for the text item

and assing the item category determination as Sale Order Type + Item Cat group should be Blank + usage as TEXT + HLIC should be blank.

Then When the user create the Sales order With Description only it will access this category and proced for Billing.

regards

Khajahussain