cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction needs RFC response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently working on a project where I am posting a series of confirmations to ERP through a custom BAPI in an MII transaction. This BAPI makes several changes and when they are completed sends an RFC back to through a listener to acknowledge. Is there a way that I can have my transaction wait for this RFC before processing the next confirmation?

I have considered using two transactions. One that will process a record, then another triggered by the RFC to acknowledge and then process the next record. I figure there has to be a better way.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ordinarily, a BAPI would provide a response back to MII as part of its synchronous processing. The ResponseXML would contain the information you are currently receiving back as an RFC message. So first suggestion would be to change the design of the custom BAPI, so that the confirmation information is passed back to MII in the original BAPI call.

Depending upon the time it takes to process (which is why I suspect they are currently separate), the call from MII could time out. There are ways around that, but if it is a processing duration issue, you may want to do this as a two transaction process.

Regards,

Mike