cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation at the time of creation of settlement rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement at the time of creation of settlement rule for WBS element. Whenever a settlement is created with category GL and receiver (a particular GL account), then the system should not allow to save it. This is for a particular project type.

It means whenever any settlement rule created with GL category with a specific GL account, then system should not allow to save it.

I checked in OPSI, but could not get the validation for settlement rule.

Please suggest how this can be done.

Thanks & Regards,

Tapan Patro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tapan,

my suggestion would be at time of WBS Saving ( need to find Badi/User Exits)..you need to call 2 external sub routines

perform gt_cobra_buf_get(SAPLKOBS) using x y x.

-->thru these calll...you can get COBRA values.

perform gt_cobrb_buf_get(SAPLKOBS) using x y x.

-->thru these calll...you can get COBRB values.

so with these details , you can do validation and raise error messages.as per your requirements..

you can try badi WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE for this.

<<text removed>>

Hariom

Edited by: Matt on Oct 15, 2011 7:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hariom

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked in OPSI, but could not get the validation for settlement rule.

If you wish to do the validation through custom validation, it could be done from FI custom validation (trx GGB0) because settlement process will generate accounting document.

However, the error message will prompt during settlement process (CJ88) not during settlement rule creation.

You can restrict by:

1. GL account (BSEG-HKONT)

2. Reference transaction (BKPF-AWTYP) = AUAK (settlement doc)

3. Transaction code (SYST-TCODE) = CJ88

If you want to be more specific, you can restrict the WBS element from Assignment field

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> It means whenever any settlement rule created with GL category with a specific GL account, then system should not allow to save it.

Please activate business function OPS_PS_CI_1 and use BAdi WBS_SETTLEMENT_RULE_NEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Actually we dont have such validaton to stop a perticular G/L Account in the settlement profile.

You need to check any FM or BADI to do so.

But with my experience i can suggest you one thing that, Pleae maintain a validation at the time of settlement.

While doing settlement, FI Validation will control the G/L Account or will allow only required G/L Account for that perticular Project type or WBS element Number Range.

Regards

Vineel

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the customizing transaction 'Settlement Profile' make the G/L Account 'Settlement not allowed' in the Valid Recievers area. Ensure that this settlement profile is assigned to the correct project profile. You may create a new project profile for this project type where the settlement profile restricts settlement to G/L Account. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ammar

Edited by: Ammar Zaheer Syed on Sep 30, 2011 9:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In validation, you can check the project type for prerquisite, and then put you check in one of the exits where you can write you own code.

Regards

Sreekanth