cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subform minimum height property minH not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to set the minH property of a subform, so that it is always the same size as the content area that it is sitting in. This is because it has a border around it - I want the resulting box to be the same size regardless of whether the table data fills it up or not. However this is having no effect - when I have less than one subform's worth of data the box is still shrinking.

I can specify the subform as Positioned, with a height of 12cm. This does the job when there is only one page of data, but when the table overflows onto the second page, the subform (including border) is still fixed at 12cm when I want it to potentially stretch down the whole page (20cm).

In the Subform Form Ready event I have the following Javascript:

this.minH = "12cm";

What I was hoping would happen is that the subform would always display a minimum of 12cm on the first page, and on the subsequent pages it would be at least 12cm and expandable up to the maximum content area height of 20cm.

I am using LCD ES version 8.

Thanks,

Vindaloo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

why don't you just put a border on the subform itself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

why don't you just put a border on the subform itself?

I already have a border around the subform - the problem was that it shrinks with the data, when I want it to be a fixed size on the first page and expandable on subsequent pages.

The minH property seemed to be exactly what I was looking for, except that it had no effect whatsoever.

Anyway, I have solved the problem by putting a fixed rectangle of the required size on each master page, rather than trying to use a variable height border around the subform in the Design view.

Thanks,

Vindaloo