cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bank number versus bank key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am setting up DME for Canada and i always believed in the past that the bank key for a Canadian bank branch is the 5 digit transit number, however now I am implementing 005 PMW, it looks like the file also wants a bank number which is the number to identify the bank. I can see the field in FI01, however I cannot update it because it automatically defaults in the bank key and the field is greyed out when creating a new bank. I have checked the country settings and cannot see anything in there to allow me to update the field. Is there any other area in the configuration that can allow the field to be updated. Also has anyone else setup Canadian bank keys and does it just include just the 5 digit transit number or should I include the 4 digit number identifying the bank..

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 'Bank Key' setting in OY17 for country CA must be 1 (meaning it is same as bank number). If this setting is 4, then the field 'Bank number' will be available for change in FI01. That said, I think it is best to keep bank key setting as 1 in OY17 for CA (same as bank number) and not assign it externally in FI01. Also, I see in our system that we have nine digits for bank key (= bank number) for all CA banks. Format, 000100011, for example.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mirakbar_ali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the Canadian Bank key is of 5 digit numbers, generally the Bank number is nothing but the

Bank key. In most of the countries including US the Bank number is the same as Bank key.

Regards

Akbar