cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytics not downloaded in CRM Mobile Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have deployed CRM Mobile sales 1.2 on Windows Mobile, as a middleware NW Mobile 7.1+

Sybase SUP 2.01 and SAP CRM 7.0 as a backend are used.

Application is working end to end, we were also able to download Activity,Opportunity,Lead etc in to the Mobile.

But we are not able to download Analytics part alone in to device,

Please provide your suggestions to download Analytics and view respective charts in the Mobile.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Peter Dinesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter Dinesh,

Analytic reports are only of relevance to you, if you are using pipeline performance or top opportunities reports in CRM Backend system.

The reason behind this is, you need to have your sales organization setup in such a way that there is some position in the org which is marked as owner and other position as Sales representative. Once that is done, you need to assign your users into those positions in sales org. Remember once you assign the users, the next step will be to login to CRM Web UI as a manager user and then do target settings for that organization. If you click on Piepleline reports, you will see a button on top right to do these target settings. Remember you need to set targets for this quarter atleast.

Once all these target settings are done in CRM Web UI, you should be able to first see these reports in CRM Web UI. If you are able to, then the settings in CRM are completed. If not, you need to fix this first.

Later, you need to unsubscribe and do a subscription again from the device to see these pipleine reports.

If you are able to see them on CRM Web UI, but not on device then make sure you finished all steps mentioned in CRM Sales configuration guide. The RFC destinations related to backend search in ESDMA should be properly configured.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Best Regards,

Siva.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

As Siva mentioned, if you have maintained proper roles and adequate configurations done for Mobile Sales, you should be at least be able to view Top Risks and Top Opportunities.

Please follow the steps mentioned by Siva for pipeline analysis.

At least this way you can check Analytics data is being sent to the device.

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your reply,

We have done all the setting in CRM side, and we are able to see the charts in sales representative as well in sales managers logins in WebUI.

And we have also cross checked all the configuration settings with the guide, every thing has been maintained, and all the destinations are properly maintained, still we are not able to view analytics data in the mobile.

In Mobile,

Pipeline Analysis --> Positions are not populated in the dropdown, we are not sure some filter is stopping it or positions are not downloaded from CRM.

We suspect, if we are able to select position, we may get some out put, apart from that we are not getting any records in Top Opportunities,Top Risk Opportunities and Top Sales Orders.

let us know your views on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Peter Dinesh.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

(1) Please check whether you can see any output from the BAPIs (CRM).

Package: CRM_SALES_ANALYTICS_SMARTPHONE, Function Group: CRM_ANALYTICS_MOBILE.

Check for your user whether you are able to retrieve any data.

(2) Secondly, check whether you can see input and output requests in SOAP Monitor. If you are not seeing in SOAP Monitor, it won't show it on the device.

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you said,

We have checked pt.1 FG:CRM_ANALYTICS_MOBILE, there 3 FM's

1. CRM_ANALYTICS_GRAPH_XML_GET - Getting records

2. CRM_ANALYTICS_SALES_TEAM_MEM - Not getting records

3. CRM_ANALYTICS_USR_POS_GET - Getting records

and point.no:2,

For SOAP monitor, can you tell me exactly, where needs to checked, we checked in SOAMANAGER, we are not able to get anything in the Logs and Traces

Please let me know your views on this ASAP, this is showstopper for us.

Regards,

Peter Dinesh.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

If you can see data in the BAPI, then it should come to the device.

You can check as how to view the SOAP monitor if you haven't done. Check the following link.

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viju,

Thanks a lot,

you mean to say we should get records in the BAPI:CRM_ANALYTICS_SALES_TEAM_MEM also first, then only it can reach mobile simulator.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Peter Dinesh

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

As far I know, you need not fill this particular BAPI.

This is meant to get information when a manager wants to view his subordinates data. You should get data at least for TOP Opportunities ( only when you can data in the backend for that filter).

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter Dinesh,

I guess you might have missed to configure RFC destination for Analytics related BE search function modules. Follow the steps to configure and then re-install the application on your device to solve you problem:

1. Go to Txn - SDOE_PARAM

2. Then select entry DOE_CONNECTOR

3. Then select BE_SEARCH_RFC

4. Configure the following 2 entries

ParameterName Validity Subarea NumValue TextValue

BE_SEARCH_RFC CRM_ANALYTICS_GRAPH_SEARCH NA <RFC destination name to the CRM system>

BE_SEARCH_RFC CRM_ANALYTICS_SALES_BE_CALL NA <RFC destination name to the CRM system>

By the way, this is alreayd mentioned in configuration guide in section 5.7

Once you configure, unsubscribe and resubscribe from the device and your problem will be resolved.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

RFC destination for Analytics related BE search FM are properly configured, and also checked executing the FM manually, it is returning records.

And everytime I am testing with new application installed and with newly created device only.

And I am not able to see the data object:MAS_ANALYTICS_GRAPH in the SOAP monitor, where as I can see rest of the data object from that SWCV, when I sync from Mobile simulator.

can you suggested the things I need to check to bring Analytics request in the SOAP monitor, I have regenerated Backend adapter & dataObject, but still I am not able to get it.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Peter Dinesh.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Check MAS_OPPORTUNITY when you execute for TOP 5 opportunities or TOP risk opportunities in analytics.. See if you can see any data in this.

Regards,

Viju

Edited by: vijayendravs on Oct 4, 2011 8:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viju,

To be frank, I am not able to understand your question quite clearly.

I checked the data object:MAS_OPPORTUNITY, I am getting records, and I am also getting those records in the mobile simulator.

And I also tested get list and get detail of MAS_OPPORTUNITY manually, i am getting records.

As you know I am not getting any records in MAS_ANALYTICS_GRAPH tables,

did I answer your question, please let me know what else i need to check.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Peter Dinesh.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Sorry if I was not clear. I guess analytics data is displayed as MAS_OPPORTUNITY in SOAP Monitor. I am not sure, but I remember seeing it.

Just check, whether you see any relevant data in MAS_OPPOR* ..

I can check tomorrow and let you know. I can't access the systems today.

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to get analytics graphs even in mobile if we are not able to see analytics data object in the SOAP monitor.

For me even debugger point is not stopping in any of the Backend search FM, when I sync from mobile.

I have cross checked all the setting refering to user,config and troubleshooting guides

Can you suggest what could be the problem.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Peter Dinesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva/Vijay,

Can you give suggestions on my above queries,

I have deployed CRM Mobile sales in Windows mobile, is there any way i can confirm backend search FM are being called,

even I not able to find any thing in the logs.

Please let me know your suggestions and views on this to get analytics.

Thanks for you support.

Regards,

Peter Dinesh.