cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Report Template(CG42) from DEV to QUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Iam new to EHS module. I have developed a Report Template in CG42.How can i move my custom report template from DEV System to QUA System , as Transport Request is now generated .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

An option is export your report from CG42, in the menu Report Template -> Export.

You can import a report using CG34.

Check these best practices for more information

[EH&S Basics|http://help.sap.com/bp_chem603/BBLibrary/HTML/850_EN_IN.htm]

[EH&S Product Safety|http://help.sap.com/bp_chem603/BBLibrary/HTML/851_EN_IN.htm]

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Report Template(CG42) is moved to Quality but the User Entries are not moved to QUA..?? Do i need to import any further data.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

One of the way is stated by Juan and which is recommend way.

But if you are not much familiar with that process and EHS methodologies, then there is one way around.

As WWI templates are MS Word Based, the same COPY & PASTE functionality of MS Office , you can leverage for copying the template.

You can copy the template from CG42 of Source System and Paste to Target system.

Note: Always prefer, Importing the template via CG34 as this is the BEST Practices recommend by SAP.

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amol,

Thanks for the info..i stucked with one more issue..there was already a Report Template in QUA and i modified the same Report Template in DEV by creating a diff Version then i should i transport it..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Now you have modified the WWI template with version Ver 2.0 for example, in Development System.

But Please note that, there is no transport procedure for template like there is for SPRO configuration.

Following are the only 2 options

1) Export your report from CG42, in the menu Report Template -> Export and import a report using CG34.

2) As WWI templates are MS Word Based, COPY the Ver 2.0 of Development system and PASTE to Quality System

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

In QUA System i had a Report Template with Version.02 . In DEV i made modifcation to the same Report Template with Ver.02.If i import this template to QUA will that be replaced or what are the consequences.?

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

If I am not mistaken, you will get an error message telling you that a template with this name and this version already exists. You cannot overwrite it via import. If that is what you want to do, you will have to use the copy&paste option.

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

If you wanted to adopt the changes in Version.02 only in QUA system, then Import functionality will not work. You have to use the Copy and Paste Option.

However, if you change the version or template name, still you can prefer the importing functionality.

Regards

*Amol