cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Inv tolerance limits applicable for Clearing WM differnces in IM?

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The Physical Inventory tolerance limits defined in OMJ2 are aplicable when clearing an IM inventory differnce, does anyone if these tolerance limits are also applicable when clearing an inventory difference for a WM Stor. Loc in LI21 ? If not, is there a way to restrict the users from posting a difference beyond a certain difference value ?

Thanks

Kris T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked your query, the limits you define should be checked in LI21 also. The Program MM07MFI0 has the following code

IF maxbt > t043i-maxbt.

MESSAGE e777 WITH t043i-maxbt t001-waers.

Where t043i-maxbt is the limit defined in OMJ2

This code gets executed when you are trying to perfrom LI21

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking time to look into my question.But, the code you mentioned is not triggered when the differnces are cleared in LI21. Do you know if there is a setting that needs to be done inorder to activate the check for LI21?

Thanks

Kris T

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when you try to clear difference in LI21 and if the value exceeds the limits, an error message (

Message no. M7777) is issued:

"You want to post the differences of a physical inventory document. However, the total value of the document exceeds the maximum amount that has been defined for your group."

Regards

Cadanj

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only two condition that needs to be satisfied are

The Login ID of the person executing the transaction should be there is table T043 (OMj2)

Second the the tolerance group selected (43-invpr) and company code (BUKRS) should be there in the other table T043i (also Omj2)

SELECT SINGLE * FROM t043i WHERE bukrs = t001-bukrs

AND invpr = t043-invpr.

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, I understand how it works in IM, But what I am trying to figure out is, if this also applies when clearing differences in LI21, the program you mentioned in your previous message (MM07MFI0) is not the one that's called here, I think it's different for WM, since the program will have to update the quants in the warehouse after the difference posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in LI 21 the difference between MM and WM are removed either by

1. increasing the stock in IM or by

2. reducing the stock in IM and

3. at times if the stock is 0 in IM then making the WM stock that is quant in WM as zero assuming there was some quant in storage type 999 and IM stock mmbe was zero.

now in the above 2 conditions I am pretty sure that said program of the IM tolerance group will be called since in back ground system will create material document with movement type probably 701 or 702

howeve in case of the 3rds scenerio the tolerance group of IM has no role to play since if 999 is having a positive quant then there must be some negative quant as well and by merging into each othere it will be fixed.

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for taking time to reply, But 701/702 mvt types cannot be used for clearing differences in LI21 (even if they are assigned in config) , I believe there's a FM in LI21 that checks to see what movement types are allowed. Also, I am curious to know if I can copy 701/702 & change some setting in OMJJ to allow these movement types for LI21.

Thanks