Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc posting in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Im working on file to RFC scenario.

According to the business requirement, I have split the file or message and for each message RFC is called to post the idoc in the SAP system.

If the batch file contains 3 messages, the batch is getting split but teh order is not getting maintained...

The first message should be processed first and the idoc should get posted in SAP.

The second message should be processed after teh first one and the idoc should get posted in SAP.

The third message should be processed after the second one..

But in reality teh first message is processed first and idoc got posted.

The third message is processed next and second message is processed after the third message.

I checked the box Maintain Order At Runtime in PI interface determination.But this did not serve the purpose.

Can you please provide any solution to maintain the order while sending the RFC-xml messages from PI to SAP.

Thanks,

Jay

Edited by: j r saithala on Sep 29, 2011 3:24 PM

Edited by: j r saithala on Sep 29, 2011 3:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do IDocs queue processing using Receiver IDoc Adapter. If you choose Queue Processing option the IDocs are get processed through qRFC queue. So IDocs will process in EOIO.

Not sure about your requirement to use RFC to post IDocs. Can you give more details.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Thanks for the reply.

I was calling the RFCs in SAP because there is are two elements in XML message which should be converted to another value before the posting the idoc is done.

So RFC is created in such a way that the data manipulation is done and the idoc function module is called to post the idoc in SAP system.

I am uing the RFC adapter and sending the split messages to SAP..

In Communication channel monitoring, I can see that 3rd message is processed after the first message and second message is processed after the third message .

Do I need to create any queues in SXMB_ADM ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So to understand the requirement, you need to maintain order for the messages received from the legacy and send it in sequence to SAP. You are using RFC adapter instead of the IDOC adapter in the receiver side.

If you click on the maintain order at runtime in the Interface determination, SAP does create a serialize queue. But ideally we should have a dedicated queue scenario which will be better performance & design wise.

Design

1. Sender file adapter communication channel should be set as EOIO ( input the queue name ) so the receiver QOS also changes to EOIO. You need to use IDOC adapter on the receiver side.

2. IDOC Receiver adapter you use the queue processing which will help your requirement.

Regards,

Indranil

Answers (0)