cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-code to release a Insp lot created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can the status of Inspection lot be changed from Created to released.

I got an Inspection lot generated after my MFBF transaction.It's status is in Created stage. For the same Material I ran once again MFBF and one more Insp lot got generated. But this time it is automatically in Released status.

Can I know why the difference of statuses between these lots.

Regard's,

Uday.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Inspection lot has a status REL when the specification either Material specification or Task list has been assigned to it , as well as sample size got calculated.

You need to make sure Your specification are in place before doing MFBF.

For the I st lot you can go to QA02 and in the inspection specification Tab click on Task list push button , You mahave to change the key date adjacent to the push button in same tab to say todays date. Since the specs are not got assigned to it.

Now go to sample tab and click on calculator.

Save your transaction Lot will be in REL state.

Regards.

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for your reply. Now I can able to change the status of my lot.

and one thing which I didn't understand is the date change to current date and assign the MIC's..what is the link here to change these in QA02..?? and why should we click on calculator...?? Please explain me the links between these..

Please explain.

Regard's,

Uday.

Edited by: uday Kiran 1903 on Sep 30, 2011 10:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As posted earlier, Inspection lot will be in CRTD status if specifications not got assigned to it.

Master data i.e Inspection plan or Material specification needs to be in place before the lot creation date

When you do the MFBF based on QM view inspection lot gets created. During lot creation system searches for Inspection plan or Material specification and sample size.

If it finds the same automatically lots will be in REL status.

Secondly as happened in your case, Specifications were not in place so the status of the lot was in CRTD.

On the later date you created specifications but system still searches for the specification on the lot created date which got updated in the lot.

By pressing Task list tab and changing the key date you are asking system to search the specification on the said date i.e manual assignment of specifications.

Now to calculate sample size manually you are pressing the calculator on sample tab.

Hope it clarifies ur doubt

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Thanks you very much for your clear explanation.

I am closing the Thread.

Regard's,

Uday.

Answers (0)