cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR using transation MB25

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are getting the above error. On closer examination of the dump: Database error text........: "Resource limit exceeded. MSGID=

Job=168917/PRO03/WP02"

Internal call code.........: "[RSQL/OPEN/RKPF ]"

Please check the entries in the system log (Transaction SM21).

The table RESB has a size category of 4 but with 2.9 million records. Obviously at the user level there needs to be some housekeeping ! but this may not address the issue entirely. Following a re-start this problem does not occur for a while. So clearly it is something to do with memory. My questions are:

- can I/Should I attemp to change the Size Category to reflect the number of records (given this is iSeries will it have any effect (not sure how SAP interacts with DB2/400 in terms of extents.

- should we attempt to re-organise the table using RGZPFM ? Again will this do any good.

- Do I need to adjust a Profile Parameter to increase the Fetch Space - if so which ones ?

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker.

Thanks for info. I took a look in the Developer Trace:

B Thu Sep 29 13:02:56 2011

B *** ERROR => dbtran ERROR (set_input_da_spec): statement too big

marker count = 3201 > max. marker count = 2000

[dbtran.c 4747]

A TH VERBOSE LEVEL FULL

Also in the ST22: (it would appear that the Programmer has a view on this. but I'm still not sure whether this is a database error, a resource shortage, a programme error or a usage error i.e. we are simply trying to get the system to do something it can't. Would it be worth trying to delete SQL packages for this table (clutching at straws !)

92 * Generate SHKZG-range from checkboxes.

93 * Remark: If no checkbox is set, the system also select ALL reservations

94 * THIS IS NO PROGRAM ERROR!!!

95 REFRESH r_shkzg.

96 r_shkzg-sign = 'I'.

97 r_shkzg-option = 'EQ'.

98 IF p_issues = 'X' AND p_receip = space.

99 r_shkzg-low = 'H'.

100 APPEND r_shkzg.

101 ENDIF.

102 IF p_issues = space AND p_receip = 'X'.

103 r_shkzg-low = 'S'.

104 APPEND r_shkzg.

105 ENDIF.

106 IF p_issues = 'X' AND p_receip = 'X'.

107 REFRESH r_shkzg.

108 ENDIF.

109 * Data selection.

>>>> SELECT rkpfrsnum resbrspos resb~rsart

111 INTO CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF TABLE t_resbkey

112 FROM rkpf INNER JOIN resb

113 ON rkpfmandt = resbmandt AND rkpfrsnum = resbrsnum

114 WHERE rkpf~rsnum IN rsnum

115 AND resb~rspos IN rspos

116 AND resb~rsart IN rsart

117 AND rkpf~kostl IN kostl

118 AND rkpf~aufnr IN aufnr

119 AND rkpf~ps_psp_pnr IN r_pspnr

120 AND rkpf~nplnr IN nplnr

121 AND rkpf~anln1 IN anln1

122 AND rkpf~anln2 IN anln2

123 AND rkpf~umwrk IN umwrk

124 AND rkpf~umlgo IN umlgo

125 AND rkpf~kdauf IN kdauf

126 AND rkpf~kdpos IN kdpos

127 AND rkpf~kdein IN kdein

128 AND resb~matnr IN matnr

129 AND resb~werks IN werks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Looking at the information provided it looks like you have exceeded one of the database limitations. If you check the operating system joblog for the dev trace in which you found the error, you should find an SQL0904 error (Resource limit exceeded), possibly preceded by a message CPD4365 (Query resource limit exceeded) which will give some more detailed information. My guess would be that the number of parameter markers (host variables) has been exceeded. Please take a look at note 805622. for some suggestions in this case. Note 13607 describes the problem in more general terms and I have also found some notes specific to MM which deal with similar problems in this area: 204013, 326100, 520765.

If none of this helps, then I'd suggest that you open a message initially on component MM-IM, to ask for assistance either with recoding this access or changing the specification of your selection criteria.

All the best,

Sally Power

For SAP on IBM i Development Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

sorry, but at least I cannot see any evidence, that it has anything to do with memory ...

- can I/Should I attemp to change the Size Category to reflect the number of records (given this is iSeries will it have any effect (not sure how SAP interacts with DB2/400 in terms of extents.

>>>> can be done - has NOTHING to do with runtime errors ... is just for info during a migrtion to another platform ...

- should we attempt to re-organise the table using RGZPFM ? Again will this do any good.

>>>> can be done - has nothing to do with your issue

- Do I need to adjust a Profile Parameter to increase the Fetch Space - if so which ones ?

>>>> is of no help at all, as the DB is creating the error and not SAP ...

"Resource limit exceeded": this is most likely the point, that an SQL pack has the 0.5 or 1 GB limit reached ...

You should have a look at the WP joblog and find out the reason code there - then we will know for sure the reason ...

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut international ag

http://www.consolut.com http://www.4soi.de http://www.easymarketplace.de