cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled date vs Actual date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

On the Milestone, I would capture a schedule date, for example 30.09.2011. And then I will confirm the activity with Actual date e.g. 25.09.2011. However, when I save, the sytem changes the Schedule date and adopts the Actual date. So then all my dates will reflect the same date (which is the actual date) e.g both the shedule and actual date will now be 25.09.2011.

How can I make sure the system keeps the dates as I have entered the?

Thanks nad regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is standard SAP functionality (actually you will get this in all PMIS like MS or Primavera). Actual dates are copid onto the scheduled dates for future planning.

You should save the schedule dates in forecast dates (CJ20N in the menu Dates -> Transfer basic -> forecast, there are other functions available for this as well) which can be used to view the deviation (concept of baseline).

Regards,

Ammar

Edited by: Ammar Zaheer Syed on Sep 29, 2011 3:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On CJ20N, I went to Settings, Set of dates, forecast. The changes are there, but when I go back to the project builder, the actual dates are still the same as the schedule dates. What other functions available are there? Because I want to be able to see the differences in CJ20N and reporting.

We need to be able to proof that we managed to complete earlier than planned.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to see the variance you need to select the 'Sets of dates/ View' function and check the forecast dates field. You will then see a seperate bar for the forecast value and easily do your variance analysis. In order to see it in a tabular report (for example CN41N), just add the fields forecast start and finish column to see the variance against schedule/ actual.

The solution of versions is also possible but I would recommend to use the 1st option as it is much simpler.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it then possible to view the Forecast screen when going into CJ20N instead of having to change the set of dates from basic to forecast? How do I default it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In TCode OPT7 'Define Profiles for the Project Planning Board' goto the relevant profile and in the General Data tab look for the field 'Set of dates'. Change it according to your requirement. The planning board will be displayed according to the default settings you set here (which can be changed in the planning board itself).

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But this changes the Planning board display. Is it possible to change the display in the Project builder?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't understood your question correctly. You mentioned earlier "Is it then possible to view the Forecast screen when going into CJ20N instead of having to change the set of dates from basic to forecast? How do I default it?" which to me implied that you are trying to view the gantt chart in the planning board which is accessed via CJ20N. Can you verify which Forecast screen are you talking about and where you are changing the sets of dates? Also which display screen for Project Builder have you mentioned in your last post? Please clarify.

Regards,

Ammar

Edited by: Ammar Zaheer Syed on Sep 30, 2011 12:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I mean is that, when I go to CJ20N and view the milestone dates, it shows dates which have been planned as basic dates. If I want to see dates which have been transfered to Forecast dates, I need to go to Settings -> Set of dates -> Forecast.

So my question is, how can I make sure the dates I see on a milestone when I go into CJ20N are Forecast dates so that I do not have to go to Settings -> Set of dates -> Forecast to view them?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry PS_PS01, there is no standard way to achieve your requirements by default. You may look at subsitution or user exits for the same.

Regards,

Ammar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can store the original scheduling dates by creating project versions. project version can be created by using CN71 transaction. in CN41 report you can compare project version with current data and where you can do the comparision of baseline dates (original scheduled dates )with actual dates.

Regards,

Sandeep